Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Next stage?

Reply
Thread Tools

Next stage?

 
 
Richard Blay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-29-2009
I just passed the MCTS exam 70-620 for Vista Client. Does anyone know what
exam or exams I need to get an MCITP? It looks like 70-623 is all I need to
be one as Consumer Support Technician. Can anyone confirm this for me?

--
my sig

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John R
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-30-2009

"Richard Blay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just passed the MCTS exam 70-620 for Vista Client. Does anyone know what
>exam or exams I need to get an MCITP? It looks like 70-623 is all I need
>to be one as Consumer Support Technician. Can anyone confirm this for me?
>


The requirements for any certification are clearly spelled out on
Microsoft's site. Your question here would be a reason why you should never
be an MCITP as an MCITP would certainly be smart enough to figure out what
the requirements are for any certification.

If you ever expect to get anywhere in IT, you better learn how to find
answers to the most basic questions on your own instead of asking everyone
else.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...t/default.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...r/default.mspx

Most people look at certifications from the point of view... This is what I
want to do, this certification will help me get there, what are it's
requirements. I don't know too many people that look at it backwards as you
appear to be doing.

John R


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Richard Blay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-30-2009
Yes thanks for that although you could have done it without the rudeness my
friend and perhaps the links to what was needed would suffice. Just a
friendly 'Yeah sure this is what you need to do, and perhaps some
encouragement and good luck! And surely asking everyone else here is what
this place is for isn't it? Newsgroups are quite new to me although can't
see myself hanging about here if you are the kind of person who does. I
only wanted some confirmation from other pros' as a hello and welcome to IT
certification. Some people would congratulate me too but I see you quite far
up your own backside for that kind of politeness!


"John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Richard Blay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I just passed the MCTS exam 70-620 for Vista Client. Does anyone know what
>>exam or exams I need to get an MCITP? It looks like 70-623 is all I need
>>to be one as Consumer Support Technician. Can anyone confirm this for me?
>>

>
> The requirements for any certification are clearly spelled out on
> Microsoft's site. Your question here would be a reason why you should
> never be an MCITP as an MCITP would certainly be smart enough to figure
> out what the requirements are for any certification.
>
> If you ever expect to get anywhere in IT, you better learn how to find
> answers to the most basic questions on your own instead of asking everyone
> else.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...t/default.mspx
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...r/default.mspx
>
> Most people look at certifications from the point of view... This is what
> I want to do, this certification will help me get there, what are it's
> requirements. I don't know too many people that look at it backwards as
> you appear to be doing.
>
> John R
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
John R
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-31-2009

"Richard Blay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes thanks for that although you could have done it without the rudeness
> my friend and perhaps the links to what was needed would suffice. Just a
> friendly 'Yeah sure this is what you need to do, and perhaps some
> encouragement and good luck! And surely asking everyone else here is what
> this place is for isn't it? Newsgroups are quite new to me although can't
> see myself hanging about here if you are the kind of person who does. I
> only wanted some confirmation from other pros' as a hello and welcome to
> IT certification. Some people would congratulate me too but I see you
> quite far up your own backside for that kind of politeness!
>


Hey, Congrats!!! WTG!!! Welcome!!! Feel better?

So, did you not think that maybe your answer would be on Microsoft's site?
I mean, seriously, although I already knew the answer, it still only took me
about 10 seconds to get the links. So, coming on and asking a question that
could have been found on your own in that much time is an obvious sign that
you don't want to do your own work, you want someone else to do it for you.
It's like someone who wants to be a tax accountant asking on a newgroup for
someone to explain the difference between a debit and a credit.

And, on top of that, you don't even seem to know what you actually want
outside of an MCITP title. Your question makes it look as if you are just
looking for something, anything, to get one.

Normally, these groups are about the discussion of the topics. But when you
come here showing no signs to want to help yourself, why would you expect my
response to be any different? My certifications are directly devalued by
people (perhaps just like you, perhaps not) who obtain certifications, get
jobs based on those certifications, and then fail at them, or at least prove
to their companies that the certification didn't really mean that much
because they lack basic skills (such as research). Then, when someone comes
in with a certification who actually knows the job and has the skills, the
cert gets discounted because the decision manager has seen all too many
"paper" certs.

So, I suggest that before you claim that my head is up my backside, perhaps
you should actually think (another problem solving skill) about what I said
and why I said it the way I did.

John R


 
Reply With Quote
 
ks2008
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-31-2009
Hi John,
Like Richard said, you don't have to be rude. If you don't want to answer
better keep quite. No body is going to bother you. Not every one equal. The
point is don't discourage the folks. In most case, people need some small
push. In your view it may be simple, people might have not come across. No
question is silly question. 99% if someone is taking time to post their
question, they are pretty much willing to do that research which you are
talking about. If you could help and willing please do else keep moving.
Don't get irritated and annoy others.

Regards
kasi

"John R" wrote:

>
> "Richard Blay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes thanks for that although you could have done it without the rudeness
> > my friend and perhaps the links to what was needed would suffice. Just a
> > friendly 'Yeah sure this is what you need to do, and perhaps some
> > encouragement and good luck! And surely asking everyone else here is what
> > this place is for isn't it? Newsgroups are quite new to me although can't
> > see myself hanging about here if you are the kind of person who does. I
> > only wanted some confirmation from other pros' as a hello and welcome to
> > IT certification. Some people would congratulate me too but I see you
> > quite far up your own backside for that kind of politeness!
> >

>
> Hey, Congrats!!! WTG!!! Welcome!!! Feel better?
>
> So, did you not think that maybe your answer would be on Microsoft's site?
> I mean, seriously, although I already knew the answer, it still only took me
> about 10 seconds to get the links. So, coming on and asking a question that
> could have been found on your own in that much time is an obvious sign that
> you don't want to do your own work, you want someone else to do it for you.
> It's like someone who wants to be a tax accountant asking on a newgroup for
> someone to explain the difference between a debit and a credit.
>
> And, on top of that, you don't even seem to know what you actually want
> outside of an MCITP title. Your question makes it look as if you are just
> looking for something, anything, to get one.
>
> Normally, these groups are about the discussion of the topics. But when you
> come here showing no signs to want to help yourself, why would you expect my
> response to be any different? My certifications are directly devalued by
> people (perhaps just like you, perhaps not) who obtain certifications, get
> jobs based on those certifications, and then fail at them, or at least prove
> to their companies that the certification didn't really mean that much
> because they lack basic skills (such as research). Then, when someone comes
> in with a certification who actually knows the job and has the skills, the
> cert gets discounted because the decision manager has seen all too many
> "paper" certs.
>
> So, I suggest that before you claim that my head is up my backside, perhaps
> you should actually think (another problem solving skill) about what I said
> and why I said it the way I did.
>
> John R
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-31-2009
I really have to agree with John R on this one. He was probably more curt
than necessary, but I agree with his point completely.

The OP is basically suggesting they passed the exam but don't know why.
What is the point of taking the exam if you don't have any clear path? If
they really wanted to become an MCITP, they would know what the next step was.

People who post questions and don't even give the smallest indication that
they did any research or troubleshooting on their own generally aren't met
with open arms. The expectation here (and in the MCITP real world) is that
you are capable of doing research on your own and would do so before asking
other people to do the work for you.

Peter


"ks2008" wrote:

> Hi John,
> Like Richard said, you don't have to be rude. If you don't want to answer
> better keep quite. No body is going to bother you. Not every one equal. The
> point is don't discourage the folks. In most case, people need some small
> push. In your view it may be simple, people might have not come across. No
> question is silly question. 99% if someone is taking time to post their
> question, they are pretty much willing to do that research which you are
> talking about. If you could help and willing please do else keep moving.
> Don't get irritated and annoy others.
>
> Regards
> kasi
>
> "John R" wrote:
>
> >
> > "Richard Blay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Yes thanks for that although you could have done it without the rudeness
> > > my friend and perhaps the links to what was needed would suffice. Just a
> > > friendly 'Yeah sure this is what you need to do, and perhaps some
> > > encouragement and good luck! And surely asking everyone else here is what
> > > this place is for isn't it? Newsgroups are quite new to me although can't
> > > see myself hanging about here if you are the kind of person who does. I
> > > only wanted some confirmation from other pros' as a hello and welcome to
> > > IT certification. Some people would congratulate me too but I see you
> > > quite far up your own backside for that kind of politeness!
> > >

> >
> > Hey, Congrats!!! WTG!!! Welcome!!! Feel better?
> >
> > So, did you not think that maybe your answer would be on Microsoft's site?
> > I mean, seriously, although I already knew the answer, it still only took me
> > about 10 seconds to get the links. So, coming on and asking a question that
> > could have been found on your own in that much time is an obvious sign that
> > you don't want to do your own work, you want someone else to do it for you.
> > It's like someone who wants to be a tax accountant asking on a newgroup for
> > someone to explain the difference between a debit and a credit.
> >
> > And, on top of that, you don't even seem to know what you actually want
> > outside of an MCITP title. Your question makes it look as if you are just
> > looking for something, anything, to get one.
> >
> > Normally, these groups are about the discussion of the topics. But when you
> > come here showing no signs to want to help yourself, why would you expect my
> > response to be any different? My certifications are directly devalued by
> > people (perhaps just like you, perhaps not) who obtain certifications, get
> > jobs based on those certifications, and then fail at them, or at least prove
> > to their companies that the certification didn't really mean that much
> > because they lack basic skills (such as research). Then, when someone comes
> > in with a certification who actually knows the job and has the skills, the
> > cert gets discounted because the decision manager has seen all too many
> > "paper" certs.
> >
> > So, I suggest that before you claim that my head is up my backside, perhaps
> > you should actually think (another problem solving skill) about what I said
> > and why I said it the way I did.
> >
> > John R
> >
> >
> >

 
Reply With Quote
 
John R
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2009

"ks2008" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi John,
> Like Richard said, you don't have to be rude. If you don't want to answer
> better keep quite. No body is going to bother you. Not every one equal.
> The
> point is don't discourage the folks. In most case, people need some small
> push. In your view it may be simple, people might have not come across.
> No
> question is silly question. 99% if someone is taking time to post their
> question, they are pretty much willing to do that research which you are
> talking about. If you could help and willing please do else keep moving.
> Don't get irritated and annoy others.
>
> Regards
> kasi
>


Kasi,

I think the comment I made was ...

"Your question here would be a reason why you should never
be an MCITP as an MCITP would certainly be smart enough to figure out what
the requirements are for any certification."

I then offered advice that will help him in the future, answered his
question, and questioned the path he is looking for or following.

If you want to consider that rude, so be it. However, the OP so far has not
shown or defended that he did in fact do any research. (In fact, it is
easily proved that he didn't do any research as the next paragraph will
show) So what part of that sentence is incorrect?

It's human nature (and also been my observation) that when you push people,
they generally push back, and they almost never go the direction that you
pushed them. In this case, I am pushing him to do research for the most
basic questions. I didn't say or imply that his question was silly, I said
or implied that his question was unwarranted for the certification he is
seeking. He obviously did not do his own research because he would have
completed that research and had his answer in under one minute which is less
time than it took him to create his post to begin with, let alone how much
time he was willing to wait for a reply.

And to the 'If you could help' comment, did I not only offer career advice,
but also answer his question?

He is not what I find irritating and annoying, although you come close.
You've added nothing to this converstaion that was not easily debunked.

John R

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reading of file by next of map file and by next of file descriptor. =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Miros=B3aw?= Makowiecki C++ 1 07-10-2007 02:46 AM
Perl 5.00404 - Label not found for "next " , next() function Liora Perl Misc 5 01-12-2007 03:36 AM
Next (the other next) Gen "DVD" storage Alan Browne Digital Photography 13 05-31-2005 05:53 PM
CurrentElement->next = CurrentElement->next->next (UNDEFINED?) Deniz Bahar C Programming 2 03-09-2005 12:45 AM
Skipping content in Array within loop and go to the next (of NEXT function) Tad McClellan Perl Misc 3 05-13-2004 10:14 PM



Advertisments