Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Proper forum for Win7 x86 and x64

Proper forum for Win7 x86 and x64

TMA

Hello,

In my previous post, I was pointed to this link by Jerry:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...tegory/w7itpro

Is this the official MS forum for Win7 RC issues?
Will future editions be supplied by web based forums only?
I use Windows Mail for dogs ages and I really wanted to keep using it.

Thanks in advance.

Dominic Payer

Yes, it is the official Microsoft Windows 7 Beta and RC forum.

On 29/05/2009 22:46, TMA wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In my previous post, I was pointed to this link by Jerry:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...tegory/w7itpro
>
> Is this the official MS forum for Win7 RC issues?
> Will future editions be supplied by web based forums only?
> I use Windows Mail for dogs ages and I really wanted to keep using it.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yup, that's what they tell us. Oh, and by the way, Windows Mail is history.
It's not in Windows 7.

Meanwhile, we'll all still be here, doing what we do. but only for 64-bit.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"TMA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> In my previous post, I was pointed to this link by Jerry:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...tegory/w7itpro
>
> Is this the official MS forum for Win7 RC issues?
> Will future editions be supplied by web based forums only?
> I use Windows Mail for dogs ages and I really wanted to keep using it.
>
> Thanks in advance.

TMA

Come on guys ... don't let it die. We all know web-based forums S.U.X.

When I said "Windows Mail", I meant "Windows Live Mail"

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yup, that's what they tell us. Oh, and by the way, Windows Mail is
> history. It's not in Windows 7.
>
> Meanwhile, we'll all still be here, doing what we do. but only for 64-bit.
>

> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>

> "TMA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>>
>> In my previous post, I was pointed to this link by Jerry:
>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...tegory/w7itpro
>>
>> Is this the official MS forum for Win7 RC issues?
>> Will future editions be supplied by web based forums only?
>> I use Windows Mail for dogs ages and I really wanted to keep using it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Windows Live Mail S.U.X, but I still like Windows Mail (as in Vista's
version of OE.)

_We_ won't let it die. We're here every day. And yes, I don't much like web
based forums. Which is why I'm here, not there.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"TMA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Come on guys ... don't let it die. We all know web-based forums S.U.X.
>
> When I said "Windows Mail", I meant "Windows Live Mail"

> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yup, that's what they tell us. Oh, and by the way, Windows Mail is
>> history. It's not in Windows 7.
>>
>> Meanwhile, we'll all still be here, doing what we do. but only for
>> 64-bit.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>>

>> "TMA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> In my previous post, I was pointed to this link by Jerry:
>>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...tegory/w7itpro
>>>
>>> Is this the official MS forum for Win7 RC issues?
>>> Will future editions be supplied by web based forums only?
>>> I use Windows Mail for dogs ages and I really wanted to keep using it.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.

Carlos

Charlie,
As you already know, I use the web based version of this forum.
Somehow I don't like the web Win 7 beta forum.
Can't find my cool friends there, doesn't feel like home.
Here it does.

Carlos

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Windows Live Mail S.U.X, but I still like Windows Mail (as in Vista's
> version of OE.)
>
> _We_ won't let it die. We're here every day. And yes, I don't much like web
> based forums. Which is why I'm here, not there.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>

> "TMA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Come on guys ... don't let it die. We all know web-based forums S.U.X.
> >
> > When I said "Windows Mail", I meant "Windows Live Mail"
> >
> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Yup, that's what they tell us. Oh, and by the way, Windows Mail is
> >> history. It's not in Windows 7.
> >>
> >> Meanwhile, we'll all still be here, doing what we do. but only for
> >> 64-bit.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
> >>

> >> "TMA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

Ahhh. Home sweet home. Nice to have you all here. Hard to believe that it
was 4 years ago this month we all were looking for the first vendors to
stock XP professional x64.

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charlie,
> As you already know, I use the web based version of this forum.
> Somehow I don't like the web Win 7 beta forum.
> Can't find my cool friends there, doesn't feel like home.
> Here it does.
>
> Carlos
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Windows Live Mail S.U.X, but I still like Windows Mail (as in Vista's
>> version of OE.)
>>
>> _We_ won't let it die. We're here every day. And yes, I don't much like
>> web
>> based forums. Which is why I'm here, not there.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>>

>> "TMA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Come on guys ... don't let it die. We all know web-based forums S.U.X.
>> >
>> > When I said "Windows Mail", I meant "Windows Live Mail"
>> >
>> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> > message
>> > news:#(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes, I know what you mean. This really is my "home" forum, and it's all of
you that makes it so.

--

Charlie Russel - MVP

Has it really been? Remarkable.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ahhh. Home sweet home. Nice to have you all here. Hard to believe that
> it was 4 years ago this month we all were looking for the first vendors to
> stock XP professional x64.

> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Charlie,
>> As you already know, I use the web based version of this forum.
>> Somehow I don't like the web Win 7 beta forum.
>> Can't find my cool friends there, doesn't feel like home.
>> Here it does.
>>
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>>
>>> Windows Live Mail S.U.X, but I still like Windows Mail (as in Vista's
>>> version of OE.)
>>>
>>> _We_ won't let it die. We're here every day. And yes, I don't much like
>>> web
>>> based forums. Which is why I'm here, not there.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>>>

>>> "TMA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

TMA

I don’t come here that often, nor I have the knowledge to answer most of the
questions people post here, but it DOES feel like "home" for me too. This is
an open forum to debate issues and ask/give information and, in my opinion,
Windows Live Mail just make it easier to interact.

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...