Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > printing over vpn xp thru vista

printing over vpn xp thru vista

jim54 jim54 is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
I have a VPN connection from my home to my office. I have an XP machine at the office with programs that I need to run from home. I remote desktop into the xp machine at the office over the VPN. I need to print documents at home from the xp machine at the office.
I have a wireless network at home with an HP printer connected to the router. I have 2 laptops at home, 1 runs xp and the other runs vista. Both laptops can print fine locally. Both laptops can romote into the office computer and run it fine.
The xp machine at the office will print to the printer at home fine thru the xp laptop over the VPN.
When using the vista laptop over the VPN to the office the home printer shows up and print jobs seem to go fine. .....EXCEPT...... only part of document prints. It may only print the first line or it may cut off the last few lines. It will print the "test page" with no problem.

Does anyone have an idea of what I am missing????

HELP!!!!