Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > what if I dont give the "Content-length" in my ajax call

what if I dont give the "Content-length" in my ajax call

Abubakar

Hi,

I wrote some ajax script. And in it I have the following statement written:

ax.setRequestHeader("Content-length", params.lengths);

It worked pretty well in every browser (chrome, ff, ie7/, but when I
accessed the page on IE6 version : "6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158"
(plz note the 040803-2158 in the end), I got an "Invalid procedure call or
argument" and the script fails. Now I somehow got access to the Microsoft
Script Debugger on that machine and it showed me the above line was the
culprite. So I commented the line and retried accessing the page and it
worked just fine. I have gone through many use cases of my website and so
far no problem with the line being commented. So I just wanted to know that
now I'm not specifying any content-length, can it cause any problems?

Thanks,

...ab

Abubakar

Was this not the relevant newsgroup for this question? Should I ask it
somewhere else?

"Abubakar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I wrote some ajax script. And in it I have the following statement
> written:
>
> ax.setRequestHeader("Content-length", params.lengths);
>
> It worked pretty well in every browser (chrome, ff, ie7/, but when I
> accessed the page on IE6 version :
> "6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158" (plz note the 040803-2158 in the
> end), I got an "Invalid procedure call or argument" and the script fails.
> Now I somehow got access to the Microsoft Script Debugger on that machine
> and it showed me the above line was the culprite. So I commented the line
> and retried accessing the page and it worked just fine. I have gone
> through many use cases of my website and so far no problem with the line
> being commented. So I just wanted to know that now I'm not specifying any
> content-length, can it cause any problems?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ..ab

Jeremy S

RE:

> Was this not the relevant newsgroup for this question? Should I ask it
> somewhere else?

It may or may not be the relevant newsgroup. IMHO it is a good place to post
this question, but others may disagree. You can try others and may get an
answer.

Also, this is a free peer newsgroup where other professionals (mostly
non-MS) take a shot at answering your question if they can. It's possible
that nobody here has a good answer to your question - thus no other

Abubakar

hmm.

"Jeremy S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> RE:
>
>> Was this not the relevant newsgroup for this question? Should I ask it
>> somewhere else?

> It may or may not be the relevant newsgroup. IMHO it is a good place to
> post this question, but others may disagree. You can try others and may
> get an answer.
>
> Also, this is a free peer newsgroup where other professionals (mostly
> non-MS) take a shot at answering your question if they can. It's possible
> that nobody here has a good answer to your question - thus no other

Andrew Morton

Have you tried the latest version of the Ajax control toolkit?
http://ajaxcontroltoolkit.codeplex.c...px?title=30512

Andrew

Abubakar

I'm not using any ajax frameworks.