Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Upload document causes asp worker process to recycle

Upload document causes asp worker process to recycle

Sunil Menon

Dear All,
I have written an application in ASP.Net where clients can upload
their document on the WebServer.
<input type="file" id="FileToUpload" name="FileToUpload">
The function
FileToUpload.PostedFile.SaveAs(filePath)
takes more than 3 mins to upload a 600kb jpg file, in a network
connected by a modem...as a result asp worker process gets
recycled...is there a way to speed-up, prevent this other than
changing the machine.config settings?
Is there a better way to upload files? Can we use XMLHTTP object and
read the file bytes from the client and then do a post?

Please help...

TALIA
Many Regards
Sunil