Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Sun Java JRE 6 Update 14 updated with Win 7 compatibility

Sun Java JRE 6 Update 14 updated with Win 7 compatibility

Carlos

Sun has updated its Java Virtual Machine to work properly with Win 7 and
Vista SP2.
Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available for IE32 and IE64.
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
Just click "Download" on "JRE 6 Update 14" subsection.
Carlos

Jane C

Carlos wrote:
> Sun has updated its Java Virtual Machine to work properly with Win 7 and
> Vista SP2.
> Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available for IE32 and IE64.
> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
> Just click "Download" on "JRE 6 Update 14" subsection.
> Carlos

Thanks Carlos

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2007-2009

BP

Carlos explained :
> Sun has updated its Java Virtual Machine to work properly with Win 7 and
> Vista SP2.
> Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available for IE32 and IE64.
> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
> Just click "Download" on "JRE 6 Update 14" subsection.
> Carlos

Carlos - Thanks. I've Vista Home Premium - the 64 bit version. DO I
need to Download both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Java of does th e64
bit version include the 32 bit version?
Thanks in advance.

Carlos

Hi Jane,
You are quite welcome.
Time to hit the sack down here.

Carlos
P.S.: Realtek onboard HD Audio drivers 2.25 (Win 7 compatible) also are
available for download.

"Jane C" wrote:

> Carlos wrote:
> > Sun has updated its Java Virtual Machine to work properly with Win 7 and
> > Vista SP2.
> > Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available for IE32 and IE64.
> > http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
> > Just click "Download" on "JRE 6 Update 14" subsection.
> > Carlos

> Thanks Carlos
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
> MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2007-2009

Kue2

32 bit version is NOT included with this package.

"BP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gvngd9$ok1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> Carlos explained :
>> Sun has updated its Java Virtual Machine to work properly with Win 7 and
>> Vista SP2.
>> Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available for IE32 and IE64.
>> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
>> Just click "Download" on "JRE 6 Update 14" subsection.
>> Carlos

> Carlos - Thanks. I've Vista Home Premium - the 64 bit version. DO I need
> to Download both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Java of does th e64 bit
> version include the 32 bit version?
> Thanks in advance.

Carlos

Hi,
You will need both, one for IE32 and the other for IE64.
This is a page where you can confirm the successful installation:
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml
Carlos

"BP" wrote:

> Carlos explained :
> > Sun has updated its Java Virtual Machine to work properly with Win 7 and
> > Vista SP2.
> > Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available for IE32 and IE64.
> > http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
> > Just click "Download" on "JRE 6 Update 14" subsection.
> > Carlos

> Carlos - Thanks. I've Vista Home Premium - the 64 bit version. DO I
> need to Download both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Java of does th e64
> bit version include the 32 bit version?
> Thanks in advance.

roman modic

Hello!

"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ... Sun has updated its Java Virtual Machine to work properly ...

BTW, two interesting observations:

1. G1 garbage collector is now included:
http://www.nofluffjuststuff.com/blog...collector.html
http://stuffthathappens.com/blog/200...tion-for-java/

2. msvcr71.dll dependency
http://www.duckware.com/tech/java6msvcr71.html
Quote:
Is Sun right? Must an EXE that launches the JVM include msvcr71.dll
in the EXE directory? Sun could have statically linked to the C
runtime and totally eliminated the the requirement for msvcr71.dll,
but Sun chose not to. Sun could have created a stub JVM loader
DLL, which loads needed DLLs like msvcr71.dll and calls the real
Java VM, but Sun chose not to. Instead of fixing the problem once
for all Java developers world wide, Sun decided to push the problem
out to be fixed by all Java developers. Typical Sun attitude
that I have seen first hand for over 8 years.
Regards, Roman