Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 2800 flash upgrade

Cisco 2800 flash upgrade

Tester

Hi there,
I received some new routers with 64 MB compact flash built in and a
256 MB compact flash upgrade card.
I inserted the new flash and it boots to rommon. These routers are new
and unconfigured, our provider will eventually configure them with an
IP. Do I need to do anything to transfer the boot image or something?
Thank you, T

braydonsdad@gmail.com

You will need to copy the image from the 64M flash card to a tftp
server, boot the image on the 64M flash card, remove the flash card,
insert the 128M flash card, format it, and copy the image from the
tftp server onto the 128M flash card.

www.canvassystems.com

Ronan Flood

Tester <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I received some new routers with 64 MB compact flash built in and a
> 256 MB compact flash upgrade card.
> I inserted the new flash and it boots to rommon. These routers are new
> and unconfigured, our provider will eventually configure them with an
> IP. Do I need to do anything to transfer the boot image or something?

Assuming the 64MB flash has a bootable IOS on it: boot that, copy all
the files from it onto a USB memory stick, swap the 256MB flash in and
re-copy the files onto that. That's what I've done in the past in a
similar situation.

--
Ronan Flood <(E-Mail Removed)>