Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Email parsing library

Re: Email parsing library

Roedy Green

On Tue, 26 May 2009 13:59:27 -0500, Spud <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,

>I need some code that will split out and recognize common things in an
>RFC 2822 email: headers, body text, quoted sections, signature blocks,
>mime attachments.

I presume JavaMail is unacceptable because it insists on talking to a
mailserver, and you want it to analyse mail on a hard disk. It is
open source. If you can't find anything else, perhaps you can
cannibalise it.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Everybody’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s a really easy way: stop participating in it."
~ Noam Chomsky

Martin Gregorie

On Tue, 26 May 2009 15:45:08 -0700, Roedy Green wrote:

> I presume JavaMail is unacceptable because it insists on talking to a
> mailserver, and you want it to analyse mail on a hard disk. It is open
> source. If you can't find anything else, perhaps you can cannibalise it.

If that's the problem its easily fixed: just use the 3rd party mstor
provider package, which is well supported. It lets JavaMail read and
write mbox files or access messages in the Java Content Repository. I use
mstor for mbox access - it works well.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK