Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-290 Passed!!!

70-290 Passed!!!

Robert

Just wrote the 70-290
I passed.

Even though the system crashed on me, I still passed.

Question:
How to tell the Percentage. 80, 85 etc.
What is the exam total 700/900 700/1000?

Anyone know?
Would like to know my percentage.--

Thanks in advance
Robert

PAJ

On Tue, 26 May 2009 12:04:47 -0400, "Robert"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just wrote the 70-290
>I passed.
>
>Even though the system crashed on me, I still passed.
>
>Question:
>How to tell the Percentage. 80, 85 etc.
>What is the exam total 700/900 700/1000?
>
>Anyone know?
>Would like to know my percentage.--

1. Divide score by 1000 (e.g. 800/1000)
2. Multiply above result by 100.
3. Subtract 10
4. Divide by 5
5. Add to Bills age
6. Multiply by your own age
7. Divide by 100

John R

"Robert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just wrote the 70-290
> I passed.
>
> Even though the system crashed on me, I still passed.
>
> Question:
> How to tell the Percentage. 80, 85 etc.
> What is the exam total 700/900 700/1000?
>
> Anyone know?
> Would like to know my percentage.--

The scoring procedures are not published. All we really know is that each
test (or portions of a test) are scored separately. After that, some series
of conversions are performed to convert the score to Microsoft's standard
scale where 700 or better is pass, anything less is fail. An 850 on one
test does not necessarily mean that you did better than a 720 on another
test.

Most people believe the max you can score is 1000, and that a score of 820
would represent 82%. That theory has never been proven and will not be
confirmed or denied by Microsoft. Further, we do not know the
qualifications for scoring, for example if partial credit is awarded on
questions with multiple answers (ie, put these steps in the right order),
etc. I have heard several people claim to have scored over 1000, but nobody
has ever put up proof. Personally, the best I ever scored on a test was in
the very high 900's, and I felt that I didn't do well on that test until I
hit the finish button. On another test, I thought for sure I nailed
everything and I scored a 740. However, the reverse of both of those
scenarios is also true.

The only thing that matters is the Pass.

Congrats BTW.

John R