Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > retrieving the COM class ...failed due to error:80040154

Reply
Thread Tools

retrieving the COM class ...failed due to error:80040154

 
 
aowi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2009
Hi,

I am developing an application on a 64-bit server and calling 32-bit dlls.
I got the error: retrieving the COM class {...}...failed due to
error:80040154.
Is it true in no circumstances we can configure a 64-bit applicaiton to run
with a 32-bit DLL? What could be the possible solution to this issue?

Please help!!

Thanks,

Aowi
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andrew Morton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2009
aowi wrote:
> I am developing an application on a 64-bit server and calling 32-bit
> dlls. I got the error: retrieving the COM class {...}...failed due to
> error:80040154.
> Is it true in no circumstances we can configure a 64-bit applicaiton
> to run with a 32-bit DLL? What could be the possible solution to this
> issue?


You can set the application pool associated with the site to be 32-bit, if
that helps.

Andrew


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
aowi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2009
How to do this? I do not quite understand. Could you please be more clear?
Thanks!

"Andrew Morton" wrote:

> aowi wrote:
> > I am developing an application on a 64-bit server and calling 32-bit
> > dlls. I got the error: retrieving the COM class {...}...failed due to
> > error:80040154.
> > Is it true in no circumstances we can configure a 64-bit applicaiton
> > to run with a 32-bit DLL? What could be the possible solution to this
> > issue?

>
> You can set the application pool associated with the site to be 32-bit, if
> that helps.
>
> Andrew
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
aowi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2009
Thank you. But I checked the IIS, it is IIS6.0 not 7.0. I almost tried
everything now, still same error. I also checked the registry using
'regedit', the classID mentioned in error message is there, but still report
not retrievable...Any idea?

Thanks!

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" wrote:

> If IIS7, consider this:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ws-2008-server
>
>
> --
> Gregory A. Beamer
> MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
>
> Blog: http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com
> Twitter: @gbworld
>
> *************************************************
> | Think outside the box! |
> *************************************************
>
>
> "aowi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am developing an application on a 64-bit server and calling 32-bit dlls.
> > I got the error: retrieving the COM class {...}...failed due to
> > error:80040154.
> > Is it true in no circumstances we can configure a 64-bit applicaiton to
> > run
> > with a 32-bit DLL? What could be the possible solution to this issue?
> >
> > Please help!!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Aowi

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Kornél Pál
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2009
Hi,

You can't load 32-bit DLLs into 64-bit processes, and IIS 6 only has a
global option that will turn all application pools into 32-bits unlike
IIS 7 that can have both 32-bit and 64-bit application pools at the same
time.

For an example how to change to 32-bits:
http://extended64.com/blogs/rhoffman...05/10/482.aspx

Kornél

aowi wrote:
> Thank you. But I checked the IIS, it is IIS6.0 not 7.0. I almost tried
> everything now, still same error. I also checked the registry using
> 'regedit', the classID mentioned in error message is there, but still report
> not retrievable...Any idea?
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" wrote:
>
>> If IIS7, consider this:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ws-2008-server
>>
>>
>> --
>> Gregory A. Beamer
>> MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
>>
>> Blog: http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com
>> Twitter: @gbworld
>>
>> *************************************************
>> | Think outside the box! |
>> *************************************************
>>
>>
>> "aowi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am developing an application on a 64-bit server and calling 32-bit dlls.
>>> I got the error: retrieving the COM class {...}...failed due to
>>> error:80040154.
>>> Is it true in no circumstances we can configure a 64-bit applicaiton to
>>> run
>>> with a 32-bit DLL? What could be the possible solution to this issue?
>>>
>>> Please help!!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Aowi

 
Reply With Quote
 
aowi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2009
Thank you. I followed the example and run the command, but the error still
same...

I checked the 'regedit', under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CLASSES/CLSID, I
did found the class ID in the error message, so it means it is registered,
right? Just for some reason, can not be retrieved...I really do not what to
do now.

Anyone have a suggestion, please let me know. Thanks!


"Kornél Pál" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can't load 32-bit DLLs into 64-bit processes, and IIS 6 only has a
> global option that will turn all application pools into 32-bits unlike
> IIS 7 that can have both 32-bit and 64-bit application pools at the same
> time.
>
> For an example how to change to 32-bits:
> http://extended64.com/blogs/rhoffman...05/10/482.aspx
>
> Kornél
>
> aowi wrote:
> > Thank you. But I checked the IIS, it is IIS6.0 not 7.0. I almost tried
> > everything now, still same error. I also checked the registry using
> > 'regedit', the classID mentioned in error message is there, but still report
> > not retrievable...Any idea?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" wrote:
> >
> >> If IIS7, consider this:
> >> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ws-2008-server
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gregory A. Beamer
> >> MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
> >>
> >> Blog: http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com
> >> Twitter: @gbworld
> >>
> >> *************************************************
> >> | Think outside the box! |
> >> *************************************************
> >>
> >>
> >> "aowi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>> Hi,
> >>>
> >>> I am developing an application on a 64-bit server and calling 32-bit dlls.
> >>> I got the error: retrieving the COM class {...}...failed due to
> >>> error:80040154.
> >>> Is it true in no circumstances we can configure a 64-bit applicaiton to
> >>> run
> >>> with a 32-bit DLL? What could be the possible solution to this issue?
> >>>
> >>> Please help!!
> >>>
> >>> Thanks,
> >>>
> >>> Aowi

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to due with "warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to Fresh C++ 2 04-22-2008 09:03 PM
Retrieving derived class name inside base class Goran Djuranovic ASP .Net 8 09-17-2007 04:58 PM
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F84433FF-2369-4427-B6FB-3CBA67EDA7EB} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Shailesh Patel ASP .Net 0 09-10-2007 04:27 PM
Retrieving class name in a class method? petermichaux@yahoo.com Ruby 2 11-07-2005 07:25 AM
Nested Class, Member Class, Inner Class, Local Class, Anonymous Class E11 Java 1 10-12-2005 03:34 PM



Advertisments