Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure instarting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure instarting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed

Homer

Hi,

I'm at my wit's end in trying to troubleshoot the SQL Server user
instance failure. I'm learning ASP.NET 3.5 to help me develop a test
script library. With the advise of a member on this board, I
downloaded the JSSKVB starter kit. However, when I ran the
application, I keep getting the "Failed to generate a user instance of
SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user
instance. The connection will be closed". I googled it and tried out
different suggestions but none worked. I even uninstalled VWD 2008
Express Edition and with it SQL Server 2008 free edition. It worked
after I reinstalled both products but now it's not working again.
Please help.

Thanks,
Jon

William Niver

Howdy Homer!

We get this a lot in our office.

What we do on our development machines is create a new user account with
admin privileges.
We then go into the IIS Administrator and use that account to run the .Net
Processes and use passthrough authentication (I think it defaults to Network
Service or some such... at least it does on our builds)
Then we change the SQL server in its administrator app so that it uses that
same user account (I believe this also defaults to Network Service).

Hope that helps!

William

news:(E-Mail Removed)...