Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 2 harddrives... how to switch which one boots?

2 harddrives... how to switch which one boots?

nicf nicf is offline
Junior Member

I recently pulled a drive out of an old Compaq Presario that was running windows 98.

I wanted to to hook it up to another computer as a slave and try to get some files off it since the drive won't boot windows anymore.

However, when the I attempt to boot the computer it ALWAYS boots from the old windows 98 drive and I can't seem to get the computer to boot from the other drive.

The BIOS screen shows the old drive as the Primary IDE master and no slave.

I don't have much experience with this kind of thing so I could really use some help >_<