Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Found a great photo archive

Found a great photo archive

philo

http://www.shorpy.com/

maybe you guys already know about it

sandy58

On May 24, 4:28*pm, philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.shorpy.com/
>
> maybe you guys already know about it

Hey, nice one philo. Thanks. I'm very surprised at the quality of
camera work in that time. Much obliged.

philo

sandy58 wrote:
> On May 24, 4:28 pm, philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> http://www.shorpy.com/
>>
>> maybe you guys already know about it

> Hey, nice one philo. Thanks. I'm very surprised at the quality of
> camera work in that time. Much obliged.

Someone gave me that link yesterday...and I wanted others to see it. One
of the times I have not just posted some stupid joke.

Anyway, you should not be surprised at the quality of old photographs,
The quality of those old, large-format cameras is actually better than
most of the cameras we have today.

There are still a few photographers that still use large format.

John Holmes

philo "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> http://www.shorpy.com/
>

> maybe you guys already know about it

Bookmarked. Thanks.

--