Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > any help would be appreciated!

any help would be appreciated!

Kreepz86

Hi here is the situation. I have a computer in the backhouse with DSL & a
router.
In the front house I have a pc with a range expander towards the rear of the
house and in the front I have another desktop. I had no problem setting up
the computers to share the internet connection. The problem I am having is
networking them all together. I put them all with the same workgroup name
and obviously they are connected someway. My question is how do I go about
networking all three computers? I've enabled folder sharing so I don't know
what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advanced!

Kevin

Is a firewall keeping you from seeing the shared folders or files on the
computers?

"Kreepz86" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi here is the situation. I have a computer in the backhouse with DSL &
> a router.
> In the front house I have a pc with a range expander towards the rear of
> the house and in the front I have another desktop. I had no problem
> setting up the computers to share the internet connection. The problem I
> am having is networking them all together. I put them all with the same
> workgroup name and obviously they are connected someway. My question is
> how do I go about networking all three computers? I've enabled folder
> sharing so I don't know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advanced!

Clark

When you say folder sharing, are you talking about File and Printer sharing
which should be shown in the Local Area Connection Properties box?

Do you have any firewalls that might be blocking?

If you know how to ping the other computers, can you do that?

Can you tell if their IP addresses are all in the 192.168.x.x range?

Clark

"Kreepz86" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi here is the situation. I have a computer in the backhouse with DSL &
> a router.
> In the front house I have a pc with a range expander towards the rear of
> the house and in the front I have another desktop. I had no problem
> setting up the computers to share the internet connection. The problem I
> am having is networking them all together. I put them all with the same
> workgroup name and obviously they are connected someway. My question is
> how do I go about networking all three computers? I've enabled folder
> sharing so I don't know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advanced!

Kreepz86

I thought that might of been the reason but no I even turned it off just to
see if I connect to the other pc. No such luck. Thanks anyways for your
suggestion. I appreciate it.

"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eG$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is a firewall keeping you from seeing the shared folders or files on the
> computers?
>
> "Kreepz86" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi here is the situation. I have a computer in the backhouse with DSL &
>> a router.
>> In the front house I have a pc with a range expander towards the rear of
>> the house and in the front I have another desktop. I had no problem
>> setting up the computers to share the internet connection. The problem I
>> am having is networking them all together. I put them all with the same
>> workgroup name and obviously they are connected someway. My question is
>> how do I go about networking all three computers? I've enabled folder
>> sharing so I don't know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advanced!

Kreepz86

I will try seeing if I can do that. I will get back to you and let you
know. Thanks for your help!

news:Ok2xe.1415$(E-Mail Removed) ...