Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Why don't they make HDDs and platters like this?

Why don't they make HDDs and platters like this?

GreenXenon

Hi:

Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in
stores?

CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not make HDDs with push-
open slots like with CDs?

If HDDs had push-button-open/close slots [similar to CD drives] and
platters were sold by themselves, then I could say whatever I want on
the internet [e.g. things that would expose the NSA and Central-
Security-Service for their lies] without facing negative consequences.
When they show up, I could simply push the open button on the HDD,
pull out the platters and evaporate them with a source of extreme
heat. That way the NSA and Central-Security-Service would be unable to
file defamation charges against me because I would have vaporized the
evidence. Then, I could simply by more platters and start over with a
clean slate.

Also, the NSA/Central-Security-Service would be unable to permanently
plant malware [e.g. key-stroke loggers] on my PC because I whenever I
suspect something is wrong, I could simply pull out the platters,
vaporize them, and but new platters.

Why don't computer companies make HDDs that can easily open/close the
platter slots with a button [so that I don't have to keep unscrewing]?

Also, why don't they sell platters without the HDD [so that I don't
have to keep buying new HDDs]?

Thanks

Rod Speed

GreenXenon wrote:

> Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in stores?

Essentially because they work much better in 'sealed' enclosures.

> CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not
> make HDDs with push-open slots like with CDs?

Thats has been done with ZIPs etc but you dont get anything like
the data density and reliability that you get with a 'sealed' enclosure.

> If HDDs had push-button-open/close slots [similar to CD drives] and
> platters were sold by themselves, then I could say whatever I want
> on the internet [e.g. things that would expose the NSA and Central-
> Security-Service for their lies] without facing negative consequences.
> When they show up, I could simply push the open button on the HDD,
> pull out the platters and evaporate them with a source of extreme heat.

Tad difficult to have one of those available at all times
so when the large footed fellas storm thru the front
door, you can evaporate the platters quickly enough.

> That way the NSA and Central-Security-Service would
> be unable to file defamation charges against me because
> I would have vaporized the evidence. Then, I could simply
> by more platters and start over with a clean slate.

Not a chance, they'd just summarily execute you
and claim that you pulled a gun on them, stupid.

> Also, the NSA/Central-Security-Service would be unable to
> permanently plant malware [e.g. key-stroke loggers] on my
> PC because I whenever I suspect something is wrong, I could
> simply pull out the platters, vaporize them, and but new platters.

You can do that with the entire hard drive, stupid.

> Why don't computer companies make HDDs that can easily open/close
> the platter slots with a button [so that I don't have to keep unscrewing]?

Because they know that you dont get any screwing, child.

> Also, why don't they sell platters without the HDD
> [so that I don't have to keep buying new HDDs]?

Because they make more money flogging fools like you entire hard drives, child.

GreenXenon

On May 22, 1:20*pm, "Rod Speed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> GreenXenon wrote:

> > Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in stores?

> Essentially because they work much better in 'sealed' enclosures.
>

> > CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not
> > make HDDs with push-open slots like with CDs?

> Thats has been done with ZIPs etc but you dont get anything like
> the data density and reliability that you get with a 'sealed' enclosure.

ZIPs are more like floppy in terms of the disc. In ZIPs/floppy, the
disc is a soft dark-brown round magnetic film. In HDDs, the platters
look like small CDs and are hard and reflect light like a mirror.

So why not make HDDs where the platters can be in something like a CD-
slot [except the slot is smaller for a magnetic platter as opposed to
a CD]? A device like this would do wonders for those who are very
particular about security and anonymity.

With that I can expose the NSA/Central-Security-Service for the way
they refuse to protect us American citizens from the evils of Islam.
The NSA/Central-Security-Service befriend muslims and give them
government secret they would never tell us Americans. So the NSA/
Central-Security-Service deserve to be thoroughly humiliated for the
traitors they are. The NSA/Central-Security-Service torture and abuse
our soldiers while providing luxury to evil muslims in Iraq,
Afghanistan, Pakistan -- and pretty much the rest of the world. This
is why 9/11 happened. If the NSA/Central-Security-Service weren't the
treasoning turds they are, then thousands of American lives would be
saved and our troops would be treated like human beings.

In one of the wars America has with the scumbag muslims, the NSA/
Central-Security-Service blew up an American tank on purpose. The
explosion severly burnt our troops. These troops were in excruciating
pain. Rather then help them, the NSA/Central-Security-Service began
shooting the already injured troops. The NSA/Central-Security-Service
then told the American public the heinous lie "Our Soldiers Died By
Friendly Fire"

Its obvious, the NSA and Central-Security-Service are traitorous
queers who love to suck muslim cock.

Unruh

GreenXenon <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>Hi:

>Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in
>stores?

because the tolerances are such that the very very least amount of dust
would destroy the platter and the read/write heads. That is how they fit
a TB on a platter whose area is much smaller than a DVD ( which holds
4GB). That is why a hard drive is sealed.

>CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not make HDDs with push-
>open slots like with CDs?

>If HDDs had push-button-open/close slots [similar to CD drives] and
>platters were sold by themselves, then I could say whatever I want on
>the internet [e.g. things that would expose the NSA and Central-
>Security-Service for their lies] without facing negative consequences.
>When they show up, I could simply push the open button on the HDD,
>pull out the platters and evaporate them with a source of extreme
>heat. That way the NSA and Central-Security-Service would be unable to
>file defamation charges against me because I would have vaporized the
>evidence. Then, I could simply by more platters and start over with a
>clean slate.

Go ahead. Nothing stops yo ufrom buying new disks. Put them into a usb
caddy and do just what y ou said.

>Also, the NSA/Central-Security-Service would be unable to permanently
>plant malware [e.g. key-stroke loggers] on my PC because I whenever I
>suspect something is wrong, I could simply pull out the platters,
>vaporize them, and but new platters.

>Why don't computer companies make HDDs that can easily open/close the
>platter slots with a button [so that I don't have to keep unscrewing]?

>Also, why don't they sell platters without the HDD [so that I don't
>have to keep buying new HDDs]?

>Thanks

GreenXenon

On May 22, 3:31 pm, "Ato_Zee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Or if you are really paranoid use battery backed volatile
> memory and pull the plug to destroy the contents.
> Cutting the supply can be done with a reed switch
> which opens when they burst open the door.
> Works reliably every time.
> It's a commonly used security technique.

I would like a computer that uses the above. I want a PC that is free
of non-volatile RAM. The only two memories should be mask-programmed
ROM and capacitor-free dynamic volatile RAM.

I am looking for a laptop that is NVRAM-free and cache-free. I also
need for the MAC address, IP address, and any other unique IDs of my
laptop to be in the form of capacitor-free dynamic RAM, so that they
will be lost each time I turn my laptop off -- and make new IDs, IPs,
and MACs, when I turn it on again.

Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored in mask-
programmed ROM, which cannot at all change. In my laptop they shouldbe
in V-RAM.

I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't need
NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted confidential
material no matter how much you try to erase.

The OS and it's programs [such as word, excel, browser] should be
stored in a mask-programmed ROM chip.

Using this laptop I can humiliate the NSA/Central-Security-Service to
my heart's content while keeping my chances of facing any negative
consequences so close to zero, they might as well be zero.

Eric Gisin

Those who subscribe to 9/11 conspiracy beliefs are generally suspicious and inquisitive, a new
study suggests.

http://sciencenews.org/view/generic/...racy_believers

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Its always been obvious that their problem is ear to ear dog ****.

On May 22, 8:04 pm, "Eric Gisin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Those who subscribe to 9/11 conspiracy beliefs are generally suspicious and inquisitive, a new
> study suggests.

I'm not one of them. I don't believe stupid myths such as the likes of
"9/11 is an inside job"

I know the NSA/Central-Security-Service didn't perpetrate 9/11,
muslims did. However, the NSA/Central-Security-Service chose to
support muslims and continues to.

Also, in the Vietnam war, the NSA/Central-Security-Service poisoned
our troops with Agent-Orange, depleted uranium, and a hallucination
called "BZ".

The NSA/Central-Security-Service use terrorist tactics against
American citizens [such as logging our keystrokes via malware]. This
makes the NSA/Central-Security-Service just as guilty as those
****lamic bastards.

GreenXenon

On May 22, 3:31 pm, "Ato_Zee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...c338834b?hl=en
:

> Or if you are really paranoid use battery backed volatile
> memory and pull the plug to destroy the contents.
> Cutting the supply can be done with a reed switch
> which opens when they burst open the door.
> Works reliably every time.
> It's a commonly used security technique.

I would like a computer that uses the above. I want a PC that is free
of non-volatile RAM. The only two memories should be mask-programmed
ROM and capacitor-free dynamic volatile RAM.

I am looking for a laptop that is NVRAM-free and cache-free. I also
need for the MAC address, IP address, and any other unique IDs of my
laptop to be in the form of capacitor-free dynamic RAM, so that they
will be lost each time I turn my laptop off -- and make new IDs, IPs,
and MACs, when I turn it on again.

Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored in mask-
programmed ROM, which cannot at all change. In my laptop they shouldbe
in V-RAM.

I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't need
NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted confidential
material no matter how much you try to erase.

The OS and it's programs [such as word, excel, browser] should be
stored in a mask-programmed ROM chip.

Using this laptop I can humiliate the NSA/Central-Security-Service to
my heart's content while keeping my chances of facing any negative
consequences so close to zero, they might as well be zero.

Rod Speed

GreenXenon wrote
> Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> GreenXenon wrote

>>> Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in stores?

>> Essentially because they work much better in 'sealed' enclosures.

>>> CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not
>>> make HDDs with push-open slots like with CDs?

>> Thats has been done with ZIPs etc but you dont get anything like
>> the data density and reliability that you get with a 'sealed' enclosure.

> ZIPs are more like floppy in terms of the disc.

Nope, not with what matters, bit density.

Thats the reason that hard drives are 'sealed', you
cant get TBs in the area if 3.5" platters any other way.

> In ZIPs/floppy, the disc is a soft dark-brown round magnetic film. In HDDs,
> the platters look like small CDs and are hard and reflect light like a mirror.

And get vastly more bit density than CDs and DVDs.

> So why not make HDDs where the platters can be in something like a CD-
> slot [except the slot is smaller for a magnetic platter as opposed to a CD]?

Because you wont get anything like the same bit density if its not 'sealed'

> A device like this would do wonders for those who
> are very particular about security and anonymity.

They're always welcome to put the entire hard drive
in a furnace if they are that mindlessly paranoid.

That way they still get the current bit density and very low prices.

TB hard drives are now so cheap that it makes absolutely no
sense to have removable platters at a much lower bit density.

> With that I can expose the NSA/Central-Security-Service for the way
> they refuse to protect us American citizens from the evils of Islam.

You can do that by putting the entire hard drive into a furnace.

> The NSA/Central-Security-Service befriend muslims and give
> them government secret they would never tell us Americans.

It isnt the NSA/Central-Security-Service you should be worried
about, its those nice men in the green van that will come running
in with that funky canvas jacket with the extremely long sleeves.

In spades when they find you melting down your hard
drive because they have just broken your door down.

> So the NSA/Central-Security-Service deserve to be thoroughly
> humiliated for the traitors they are. The NSA/Central-Security-Service
> torture and abuse our soldiers while providing luxury to evil muslims in
> Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan -- and pretty much the rest of the world.

I doubt Khalid 'Sheikh' Mohammed buys that line. Cant imagine why for the life of me.

Might have something to do with the number of times he was waterboarded or sumfin.

> This is why 9/11 happened. If the NSA/Central-Security-Service weren't
> the treasoning turds they are, then thousands of American lives would be
> saved and our troops would be treated like human beings.

> In one of the wars America has with the scumbag muslims, the NSA/
> Central-Security-Service blew up an American tank on purpose. The
> explosion severly burnt our troops. These troops were in excruciating
> pain. Rather then help them, the NSA/Central-Security-Service began
> shooting the already injured troops. The NSA/Central-Security-Service
> then told the American public the heinous lie "Our Soldiers Died By
> Friendly Fire"

Bugger, doesnt that mean that its curtains for you as
soon as they read this expose of what they get up to ?

Byeeeee...

> Its obvious, the NSA and Central-Security-Service
> are traitorous queers who love to suck muslim cock

Just because you are into that sort of thing, doesnt mean that they are.

Slick got Monica to suck his, didnt need the NSA etc.