Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Folders search instead of open?

Folders search instead of open?

Motzarella

Windows XP Home, 1g ram, two hard drives 100g C: for system, 250g D: for
data/archive

2 Issues, on my sns computer, but he doesn't know what he did, said he just
clicked a few files fast ..... with about 50 or so already open. My guess
is he got angry and hit the keyboard and mouse a few times!!

1. Since yesterday the computer opens folders as a search instead of simply
opening the folder to see the files within. Day before all was working
'normally'. You are able to right click and 'open' a folder to see files
normally. Left clicking brings up the search window, this is for every
folder.including Windows, indeed anything past C: ......

2. Since yesterday some folders are also showing up without names. When you
click properties the proper names are there, they just don't show up in the
folder view. Not all folders do this and it's mainly media (picture and
video) folders.

Be grateful for any help to restore the views correctly.

--
Greasy

Motzarella

Motzarella <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
gv5nn1$6ld$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org
> Windows XP Home, 1g ram, two hard drives 100g C: for system, 250g D:
> for data/archive
>
> 2 Issues, on my sns computer, but he doesn't know what he did, said
> he just clicked a few files fast ..... with about 50 or so already
> open. My guess is he got angry and hit the keyboard and mouse a few
> times!!
> 1. Since yesterday the computer opens folders as a search instead of
> simply opening the folder to see the files within. Day before all
> was working 'normally'. You are able to right click and 'open' a
> folder to see files normally. Left clicking brings up the search
> window, this is for every folder.including Windows, indeed anything
> past C: ......
> 2. Since yesterday some folders are also showing up without names. When
> you click properties the proper names are there, they just don't
> show up in the folder view. Not all folders do this and it's mainly
> media (picture and video) folders.
>
> Be grateful for any help to restore the views correctly.

I know it's bad form but I googled and the fix for 1. also seems to have
fixed 2.

Basically Start, Run then paste the following and click OK
regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

Google's great..............................

--
Greasy

John Holmes

Motzarella "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Motzarella <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
> gv5nn1$6ld$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org
>> Windows XP Home, 1g ram, two hard drives 100g C: for system, 250g D:
>> for data/archive
>>
>> 2 Issues, on my sns computer, but he doesn't know what he did, said
>> he just clicked a few files fast ..... with about 50 or so already
>> open. My guess is he got angry and hit the keyboard and mouse a few
>> times!!
>> 1. Since yesterday the computer opens folders as a search instead of
>> simply opening the folder to see the files within. Day before all
>> was working 'normally'. You are able to right click and 'open' a
>> folder to see files normally. Left clicking brings up the search
>> window, this is for every folder.including Windows, indeed anything
>> past C: ......
>> 2. Since yesterday some folders are also showing up without names.

When
>> you click properties the proper names are there, they just don't
>> show up in the folder view. Not all folders do this and it's mainly
>> media (picture and video) folders.
>>
>> Be grateful for any help to restore the views correctly.

> I know it's bad form but I googled and the fix for 1. also seems to

have
> fixed 2.
>
> Basically Start, Run then paste the following and click OK
> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
>
> Google's great..............................

Next time, do a go ogle search /before/ you start asking.

--
<snip>

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Motzarella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Basically Start, Run then paste the following and click OK
>regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

Or gone into explorer / View / explorer bar / folders.

But that would of taken time, you know, to look around at what's in
front of you.
--

Unusual and awesome view of Saturn
http://tinyurl.com/r9fqxb

Motzarella

John Holmes <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
> Motzarella "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> Motzarella <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
>> gv5nn1$6ld$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org
>>> Windows XP Home, 1g ram, two hard drives 100g C: for system, 250g D:
>>> for data/archive
>>>
>>> 2 Issues, on my sns computer, but he doesn't know what he did, said
>>> he just clicked a few files fast ..... with about 50 or so already
>>> open. My guess is he got angry and hit the keyboard and mouse a few
>>> times!!
>>> 1. Since yesterday the computer opens folders as a search instead of
>>> simply opening the folder to see the files within. Day before all
>>> was working 'normally'. You are able to right click and 'open' a
>>> folder to see files normally. Left clicking brings up the search
>>> window, this is for every folder.including Windows, indeed anything
>>> past C: ......
>>> 2. Since yesterday some folders are also showing up without names.
>>> When you click properties the proper names are there, they just
>>> don't show up in the folder view. Not all folders do this and it's
>>> mainly media (picture and video) folders.
>>>
>>> Be grateful for any help to restore the views correctly.

>> I know it's bad form but I googled and the fix for 1. also seems to
>> have fixed 2.
>>
>> Basically Start, Run then paste the following and click OK
>> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
>>
>> Google's great..............................
>>

> Next time, do a go ogle search /before/ you start asking.

Be easier to do a google search ...

--
Greasy

Motzarella

(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
(E-Mail Removed)
> "Motzarella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Basically Start, Run then paste the following and click OK
>> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

> Or gone into explorer / View / explorer bar / folders.
>
> But that would of taken time, you know, to look around at what's in
> front of you.

Which hadn't worked ...

--
Greasy