Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Environment variables

Environment variables

winter2009 winter2009 is offline
Junior Member

How to really set an environment variable in java? I have tried setProperty which only set the system property for the current java project envirnment. I also tried the processBuilder, but it also only generate a copy of the environment variables and make changes on the copy. How can I really set a new environment variable or change the current environment variable in java program for windows system so that I can use it outside the java project?