Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > The new age of tv is close at hand

The new age of tv is close at hand

richard

Ok so in the advent of television, we started off with grainy black
and white monitors. Advanced to larger color behemoths. Every couple
of years the damn things just got bigger and bigger.

Then the second phase began with the introduction of LCD flat screen
tv's. Again, increasing in size. Then comes plasma.

So what's next? How about we use LED instead of LCD? Cool. Only
problem is, that seems to be for a very very large audience rather
than in your living room. Although LED sets are extremely more
flexible.

And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.

Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
"Modern Marvels" show.

olfart

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok so in the advent of television, we started off with grainy black
> and white monitors. Advanced to larger color behemoths. Every couple
> of years the damn things just got bigger and bigger.
>
> Then the second phase began with the introduction of LCD flat screen
> tv's. Again, increasing in size. Then comes plasma.
>
> So what's next? How about we use LED instead of LCD? Cool. Only
> problem is, that seems to be for a very very large audience rather
> than in your living room. Although LED sets are extremely more
> flexible.
>
> And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
> How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
> Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.
>
> Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
> known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
> "Modern Marvels" show.

why don't you FOAD
StOOpid

Stacey Chuffo

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
> How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
> Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.

How how about making a shower curtain into a TV set so you can jerk off over
your kiddy pr0n in the shower?

Buffalo

richard wrote:
> Ok so in the advent of television, we started off with grainy black
> and white monitors. Advanced to larger color behemoths. Every couple
> of years the damn things just got bigger and bigger.
>
> Then the second phase began with the introduction of LCD flat screen
> tv's. Again, increasing in size. Then comes plasma.
>
> So what's next? How about we use LED instead of LCD? Cool. Only
> problem is, that seems to be for a very very large audience rather
> than in your living room. Although LED sets are extremely more
> flexible.
>
> And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
> How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
> Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.
>
> Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
> known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
> "Modern Marvels" show.

I like the idea,
Buffalo

Whiskers

On 2009-05-21, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[...]

> Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
> known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
> "Modern Marvels" show.

They're on the market now. Perhaps that's why you heard about them on the
History Channel?

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

chuckcar

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Ok so in the advent of television, we started off with grainy black
> and white monitors. Advanced to larger color behemoths. Every couple
> of years the damn things just got bigger and bigger.
>
> Then the second phase began with the introduction of LCD flat screen
> tv's. Again, increasing in size. Then comes plasma.
>
> So what's next? How about we use LED instead of LCD? Cool. Only
> problem is, that seems to be for a very very large audience rather
> than in your living room. Although LED sets are extremely more
> flexible.
>
> And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
> How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
> Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.
>
> Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
> known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
> "Modern Marvels" show.

After they run out of new types of displays to con people with we'll go
back to CRT's for another 20 years. Nothing else last as long.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

doS

New acer one laptops have led monitors...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok so in the advent of television, we started off with grainy black
> and white monitors. Advanced to larger color behemoths. Every couple
> of years the damn things just got bigger and bigger.
>
> Then the second phase began with the introduction of LCD flat screen
> tv's. Again, increasing in size. Then comes plasma.
>
> So what's next? How about we use LED instead of LCD? Cool. Only
> problem is, that seems to be for a very very large audience rather
> than in your living room. Although LED sets are extremely more
> flexible.
>
> And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
> How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
> Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.
>
> Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
> known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
> "Modern Marvels" show.

Curtis Brown

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok so in the advent of television, we started off with grainy black
> and white monitors. Advanced to larger color behemoths. Every couple
> of years the damn things just got bigger and bigger.
>
> Then the second phase began with the introduction of LCD flat screen
> tv's. Again, increasing in size. Then comes plasma.
>
> So what's next? How about we use LED instead of LCD? Cool. Only
> problem is, that seems to be for a very very large audience rather
> than in your living room. Although LED sets are extremely more
> flexible.
>
> And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
> How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
> Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.
>
> Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
> known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
> "Modern Marvels" show.

What do you care St00pid? It's not like you'll be able to afford one any
time soon.

catchme

philo wrote:

> Still a boob tube...
>
> I got rid of my teevee about 15 years ago and have never missed it

if you can read this, you can easily turn your screen into a tv.
If you dont want to subscribe to cable channels, you can still stream tv
stations for free (restrictions and limitations may apply)
whether you may be unaware, or simply not choose to do so, is moot- is a
tv not in use as a tv, not still a tv, whether used as a coffee table or
as something else?
the buzzword 10 years ago was 'convergence', and it is still in practice
today.