Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Make a testsite exact copy of an ASP.NET2.0 site

Make a testsite exact copy of an ASP.NET2.0 site

statichash statichash is offline
Junior Member

What I'm trying to do is make a testsite of an existing ASP.NET 2.0 site. I was wondering if I could just copy the whole site from the wwwroot into a subdirectory called testsite under wwwroot.

I know I will have to change a lot of references from my production database to a test database but I was wondering if it would be easiser to create a new website in Visual Web Developer first then copy the needed aspx and code behind files to the testsite?

What would be the best way to go about accomplishing this task?

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

StaticHash