Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Display Driver

Display Driver

kipper

Occasionally my monitor goes blank for a few seconds then I get a
message "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" then
everything is OK. I have tried updating the drivers for both the
monitor and the display adaptor but it doesn't help any. Should I try
deleting and reinstalling them?

Dan C

On Thu, 21 May 2009 04:15:36 -0700, kipper wrote:

> Occasionally my monitor goes blank for a few seconds then I get a
> message "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" then
> everything is OK. I have tried updating the drivers for both the
> monitor and the display adaptor but it doesn't help any. Should I try
> deleting and reinstalling them?

Best thing to do would be to format your hard drive.

Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

chuckcar

kipper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Occasionally my monitor goes blank for a few seconds then I get a
> message "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" then
> everything is OK. I have tried updating the drivers for both the
> monitor and the display adaptor but it doesn't help any. Should I try
> deleting and reinstalling them?

And if you go into display properties, what does it say your display
adapter (video card in normal english) *is*? There are cases of some going
into power saving mode on their own. Windows doesn't like that.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

TompangBuddy.Com

Hello,

Check the temperature of you card. If it is overheating, it can cause
problems like this.

____
http://www.tompangbuddy.com
Share Cab, Carpool and Save Earth in Singapore
Video Conversion Service VHS Video8 Hi8 miniDv Digital8 VHS-C S-VHS tapes to
VCD/DVD
"kipper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Occasionally my monitor goes blank for a few seconds then I get a
> message "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" then
> everything is OK. I have tried updating the drivers for both the
> monitor and the display adaptor but it doesn't help any. Should I try
> deleting and reinstalling them?

rf

TompangBuddy.Com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Check the temperature of you card. If it is overheating, it can cause
> problems like this.

Rubbish.