Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > The Lounge > I haven't been on much for good reasons

I haven't been on much for good reasons

09-23-2005
Well when trying to fix my own computer I managed to royally fudge up 2 computers for the price of one when trying to use my dads comp to help my situation. Oh, I also managed to ruin his original xp pro cd so I'm having kind of a bad run because god hates me or something. Anyways, I've been hard at it trying to recover data and repair both comps so hopefully I will be back in full swing in a couple days. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

09-23-2005
Thanks for the heads up Hope you get your stuff fixed soon.

09-23-2005
hey that sucks.... u need to go to god and ask him nicely so stop picking on u, and if he keeps doing it go to the police...

09-23-2005
I think I'm gonna have to, he just doesn't give up!!!
My computer is at a semi-useable state hence why I am on here but I am still doing data recovery on dads which also holds my backup which I need, it's really keeping me busy
PS, dad is NOT happy because no one in my family backs up and I'm having trouble finding his emails

09-23-2005
if they were really important then he should have them backed up. So you've got two rooted computers, and one of them has the image/backup of your computer? Damn... how queer.

09-23-2005
Here is a slighty longer explanation, believe me ya dont want the full one
I need to backup my main files (about 30GB) because windows activation was giving me grief and only gave me 7 days to activate just randomly out of the blue even though my comp WAS activated. It kept saying it was activated but the warning message didn't stop and it got to day one so I couldn't leave it any longer so thats what started this
I hooked up my HDD to my dads comp to backup the gear, got through that okay then needed to reinstall windows on mine. My cd was scratched and wouldn't work on its own, I had to use dads for a couple of the files, whilst using his disk my burner scratched the hell outta it and ruined it.
I go to use his comp which shouldn't have changed cos the hard drive was not connected but now windows doesn't want to boot. I want to do a repair install which I have done many times before but instead it does a new full install and erases the table that lists all previous files. Also had trouble installing with 2 botched disks.
Got another windows running on his comp but doesn't show ANY previous data, windows wrote over whatever was under it and I have to use data recovery prog to get back what I can (which is what I am doing now).
So it has his emails, his files, other peoples files, and my backup on it and some of them have been overbloodywritting because ghey windows didn't do a repair install and just did a full install why it did this is beyond me. Anyways... it sucks

09-23-2005
yeah... its times like these you wish you were a linux user... lol

09-23-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by XhArD
yeah... its times like these you wish you were a linux user... lol
Hell no, I wouldn't be able to use half the progs/games I have

09-23-2005
thats true... but i bet you the programs you could use wouldnt be gone right now

09-23-2005
Low blow buddy.... low blow