Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Harvey Norman Sale

Harvey Norman Sale

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".

I wonder how they get away with that?

JohnO

On May 21, 8:21*pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".
>
> I wonder how they get away with that?

What's the problem with that?

greg

Bobs wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".
>>
>> I wonder how they get away with that?
>>

> Apple products never go on sale. I expect it's because Apple rip off
> retailers just like they do to everyone else

He is just trying to bait you, lawrence does not have a normal life, his
normal activities start and end with posting flamebait on the news
groups, anything posted by him, don't reply to as he get his jollies
seeing the replies

Gib Bogle

greg wrote:
> Bobs wrote:
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>> Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".
>>>
>>> I wonder how they get away with that?
>>>

>> Apple products never go on sale. I expect it's because Apple rip off
>> retailers just like they do to everyone else
>>

> He is just trying to bait you, lawrence does not have a normal life, his
> normal activities start and end with posting flamebait on the news
> groups, anything posted by him, don't reply to as he get his jollies
> seeing the replies

I agree, let's not reply.

thing

On May 21, 8:21*pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".
>
> I wonder how they get away with that?

Apple's are rarely discounted, about the best you can do is get
interested free, or 2 years Apple care thrown in for free or very
cheap.........in fact the only place Ive seen do interest free on an
Apple is DSE, Neol Leeming's declined....so I want back to DSE.....and
bought there...

regards

Thing

thing

On May 22, 6:32*am, greg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Bobs wrote:
> > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> >> Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".

> >> I wonder how they get away with that?

> > Apple products never go on sale. I expect it's because Apple rip off
> > retailers just like they do to everyone else

Pretty much correct....the margin is not big....given the present
recession though.....who knows....

regards

Thing

thing

On May 22, 7:56*pm, whoisthis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> *Bobs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> > > Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".

> > > I wonder how they get away with that?

> > Apple products never go on sale. I expect it's because Apple rip off
> > retailers just like they do to everyone else

> Apple products regularly go on sale at Dick Smith and Noel Leemings and
> occasionally at Harvey Normans.

na....I look quite often as I want a new iMAC, their sale price saving
is negligable or not existant and if there is a tiny saving its an
obsolete model.......ordainary PCs, yes they get knock downs but are
hugely over-priced in the first place....DSE will usually do interest
free on a Mac, the rest have never said they would.

regards

thing