Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > localhost vs. MyComputer

localhost vs. MyComputer

Vik

I need a gridview without the borders but with the gridlines.
I set BorderStyle = None and GridLines = Both.
If I run a project from VS2005 or enter an address in a browser
//localhost/MyProject/MyPage.aspx then the grid appears WITHOUT the borders
and WITH the gridlines.
If I open the same page by an address //MyCompName/MyProject/MyPage.aspx,
then the grid appears WITH the borders and with the gridlines.
If I set BorderWidth = 0px, then //localhost/... shows the grid WITHOUT the
borders and WITH the gridlines and //MyCompName/... shows the grid WITHOUT
the borders and WITHOUT the gridlines.

When a page is placed on a server, it appears the same way as at
//MyCompName/...

Why does the same page appear in different ways? How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Victor

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Without seeing the code and understanding your computer's set up, I have no
clue.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

| Think outside the box!

"Vik" <viktorum@==hotmail.com==> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need a gridview without the borders but with the gridlines.
> I set BorderStyle = None and GridLines = Both.
> If I run a project from VS2005 or enter an address in a browser
> //localhost/MyProject/MyPage.aspx then the grid appears WITHOUT the
> borders and WITH the gridlines.
> If I open the same page by an address //MyCompName/MyProject/MyPage.aspx,
> then the grid appears WITH the borders and with the gridlines.
> If I set BorderWidth = 0px, then //localhost/... shows the grid WITHOUT
> the borders and WITH the gridlines and //MyCompName/... shows the grid
> WITHOUT the borders and WITHOUT the gridlines.
>
> When a page is placed on a server, it appears the same way as at
> //MyCompName/...
>
> Why does the same page appear in different ways? How can I fix it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Victor

Vik

Here is the source code:

<head>
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form method="post" action="TableBorder.aspx" id="form1">
id="GridView1"
style="border-style:None; border-collapse:collapse;">
</form>
http://localhost/Incidents/TableBorder.aspx- the table appears without the
borders and with the rules. I need to get this on the server.

http://MyComp/Incidents/TableBorder.aspx - the table appears with the
borders and with the rules. The same on the server.

The same behaivior if I change the file name to *.htm.

I have Windows XP, IIS 5.1. The server has Windows 2003.

Thanks.

Victor

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Without seeing the code and understanding your computer's set up, I have
> no clue.
>
> --
> Gregory A. Beamer
> MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

> | Think outside the box! |
> "Vik" <viktorum@==hotmail.com==> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I need a gridview without the borders but with the gridlines.
>> I set BorderStyle = None and GridLines = Both.
>> If I run a project from VS2005 or enter an address in a browser
>> //localhost/MyProject/MyPage.aspx then the grid appears WITHOUT the
>> borders and WITH the gridlines.
>> If I open the same page by an address //MyCompName/MyProject/MyPage.aspx,
>> then the grid appears WITH the borders and with the gridlines.
>> If I set BorderWidth = 0px, then //localhost/... shows the grid WITHOUT
>> the borders and WITH the gridlines and //MyCompName/... shows the grid
>> WITHOUT the borders and WITHOUT the gridlines.
>>
>> When a page is placed on a server, it appears the same way as at
>> //MyCompName/...
>>
>> Why does the same page appear in different ways? How can I fix it?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Victor

Mark

If you're using Internet Explorer 8, make sure that you do not have
Compatability View switched on when viewing the page via MyCompName.

Cheers,
Mark.