Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Which video camera will capture golf swing in slow motion?

Re: Which video camera will capture golf swing in slow motion?

james

"Prof Wonmug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone tell me what type of camera might have been used for these
> videos:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2o1SYXaOHE
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBLD3LZdagM

Here is a store that sells them: http://www.highspeedimaging.com/index.cfm
If you google "high speed camera" in google, you will find more.
If you watch the show "time warp" on discovery, you will see one such camera
in use.

These cameras cost $10K and up. I dream about them sometimes

You can get a cheap version for $1K: casio EX-F1. The higher the frame rate
the lower the resolution.
Some sony camcorders also has a feature call "smooth slow" that shoots at
240 fps (4x normal speed).
A samsung camcorder can shoot at 5x.
You can find sample clips on youtube.