Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Again: Using wireless and wired on the same PC

Again: Using wireless and wired on the same PC

smlunatick

This is another post of a question on how to get both wireless and
wired adapters to work on one PC, both connecting to the "only"
router.

A few years ago, I had successfully got a "super G" 802.11G (108Mbps)
wireless adapter to work at the same time as having a wired connection
to the same router.

Last year, I have tried, unsuccessfully, to replicate this "set up"
when using 802.11n wireless network equipment. It never was stable
until I decided to completely dump my Norton "security" software (due
to "other" problems)

I now am somewhat able to have both a wireless 11n adapter connecting
at the same time as my wired connection. However, it seems that I
need to have the adapter's configuration software "running" in order
to do this.

My question: how can I use my Windows XP Pro SP3 Wireless Zero
Configuration system so as to have "any" wireless adapter be "active"
at the same time as my wired connection?