Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Motherboards

Motherboards

huss

Hi
I want to buy new motherboard and i found these brands
GIGABYTE : EP45T-UD3R
ALBERTON :3 SERIES
N force :650i ultra
Which of them you think worth to buy for power saving and good
performance
thank you in advance

Baron

huss Inscribed thus:

> Hi
> I want to buy new motherboard and i found these brands
> GIGABYTE : EP45T-UD3R
> ALBERTON :3 SERIES
> N force :650i ultra
> Which of them you think worth to buy for power saving and good
> performance
> thank you in advance

My personal preference is Gigabyte first, Nforce second. I wouldn't
touch the other one.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

tony sayer

In article <gv0rir$6r0$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Baron <baron.nospa
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>huss Inscribed thus:
>
>> Hi
>> I want to buy new motherboard and i found these brands
>> GIGABYTE : EP45T-UD3R
>> ALBERTON :3 SERIES
>> N force :650i ultra
>> Which of them you think worth to buy for power saving and good
>> performance
>> thank you in advance

>My personal preference is Gigabyte first, Nforce second. I wouldn't
>touch the other one.

Second that...
--
Tony Sayer

Jeff Strickland

"tony sayer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsQ55atGN8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <gv0rir$6r0$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Baron <baron.nospa
> (E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>>huss Inscribed thus:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> I want to buy new motherboard and i found these brands
>>> GIGABYTE : EP45T-UD3R
>>> ALBERTON :3 SERIES
>>> N force :650i ultra
>>> Which of them you think worth to buy for power saving and good
>>> performance
>>> thank you in advance

>>My personal preference is Gigabyte first, Nforce second. I wouldn't
>>touch the other one.
>>

> Second that...
> --
> Tony Sayer

I think I third that ...

I recently -- maybe one month ago -- suffered a motherboard and HDD crash at
the same time. I took a drive to my local Fry's to get the deal-of-the-day,
a BioStar motherboard and CPU combination. I ended going home with a
GIGABYTE M61PME-S2P ($50) and 4G of RAM ($50 - $25 mail-in rebate). One
reasonably minor problem with a low cost motherboard such as this is that
there is only one IDE slot.

In any case, except for the IDE limitation, the mother board is way faster
than the one it replaced.

Paul

huss wrote:
> Hi
> I want to buy new motherboard and i found these brands
> GIGABYTE : EP45T-UD3R
> ALBERTON :3 SERIES
> N force :650i ultra
> Which of them you think worth to buy for power saving and good
> performance
> thank you in advance

I think the second one could be "Albatron".

PXP35 and PXG33 - these would be "3 series"
http://www.albatron.com.tw/public/Im...0070814_02.gif

PXP35
http://www.albatron.com.tw/English/p...ication&no=256

PXG33
http://www.albatron.com.tw/English/p...verview&no=251

The PXG33 has built-in graphics, which are fine for office applications,
but no good for gaming. If you play 3D games with the computer, then you'll
need a separate video card for that.

I would pick the Gigabyte board, as you're likely to get more support.
(More people own Gigabyte boards, and if you have questions, it may be
easier to get answers.)

It could also be, that Albatron makes the "Nforce 650i Ultra" board
as well. Your third item might be this one.

http://www.albatron.com.tw/English/p...ication&no=243

My choice would be

1) If I'm installing a separate video card, I pick EP45T-UD3R.
Gigabyte may be in business longer, to provide warranty support.

2) If I do not plan to use a video card, and the G33 graphics
output is good enough, then maybe the Albatron PXG33 would be OK.
The PXP35 would offer you no benefits, by comparison (no built-in
graphics), so if I had to choose between PXP35 and EP45T-UD3R,
I'd pick the Gigabyte one.

*******

As for power dissipation, I would pick my motherboard The chipset
on this motherboard, does not get hot. But neither is the motherboard
high performance. It has slow memory, a bad BIOS, and cannot take
FSB1333 processors. FSB1066 is as fast as it goes. But if I was
in a contest, to save electrical power, this is what I would use.
I run an Intel E4700 2.6Ghz/FSB800/L2 2MB processor in it. You'll
notice, that the heatsink on the Northbridge, is not very big.
I would not overall recommend this motherboard, unless you're
on a really low budget.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.as...ATA2%20R2.0&s=

HTH,
Paul

huss

Thank you all . Hope to talk in another event.