Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Help needed interpreting 'References' in message Headers

Help needed interpreting 'References' in message Headers

~BD~

I'm a little confused by all the 'References' showing in this Header of
a recent post.

I don't seem to have such items in the Headers of my own posts, so am
just a little confused. Please will you help me to understand why they
appear and what they mean?

Thanks.

Dave

From: "Peter Foldes" <*****@hotmail.com>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<#(E-Mail Removed)>
<#(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<guncnp$inp$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<gur1ve$osl$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>
<#(E-Mail Removed)>
<gutpku$7gn$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>
Subject: Re: Today's task, Andrew!
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:15:28 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.test.here

~BD~

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> | I'm a little confused by all the 'References' showing in this Header of
> | a recent post.
>
> | I don't seem to have such items in the Headers of my own posts, so am
> | just a little confused. Please will you help me to understand why they
> | appear and what they mean?
>
> | Thanks.
>
> | Dave
>
> Off Topic. Not COMSEC related.
>
> Take it to a news group that supports News Clients and NNTP in general.

I note that you have a single 'Reference' in *your* header which,
curiously, is the same as one of those in the one I posted here earlier,
viz: eternal-september.org

On this URL: http://eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=abuse
is listed "Usenet Abuse FAQ", one of which says .......

Q: Will we terminate an account for posting off topic?

A: No.

Tell me David - why did you bother to waste time posting a response
which was totally unnecessary and decidedly unhelpful?

--
Dave

Scarlett

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>> David H. Lipman wrote:
>>> From: "~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>>> Off Topic. Not COMSEC related.

>>> Take it to a news group that supports News Clients and NNTP in
>>> general.

>> I note that you have a single 'Reference' in *your* header which,
>> curiously, is the same as one of those in the one I posted here
>> earlier,

> viz:: eternal-september.org
>
>> On this URL: http://eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=abuse
>> is listed "Usenet Abuse FAQ", one of which says .......

>> Q:: Will we terminate an account for posting off topic?
>>
>> A:: No.
>>
>> Tell me David - why did you bother to waste time posting a response
>> which was totally unnecessary and decidedly unhelpful?

> Because you need to learn!
>
> Just because that news service won't terminate you for OT posting,
> does NOT mean you should post OT.
>
> If you want to ask questions, do it On Topic and within netiquette
> (to some degree). Otherwise you will find that the Troll label will
> stick to you like glue and and you will be lonely because you will be
> KF'd and/or ignored.

Well that's why he's here...got ran off from the groups where his paranoid
questions were posted. I would guess he has never had CEX either for fear
of getting infected.

Anonymous Remailer

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

> From: "~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> | David H. Lipman wrote:
> >> From: "~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> >> Off Topic. Not COMSEC related.

> >> Take it to a news group that supports News Clients and NNTP in general.

> | I note that you have a single 'Reference' in *your* header which,
> | curiously, is the same as one of those in the one I posted here earlier,
> viz:: eternal-september.org
>
> | On this URL: http://eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=abuse
> | is listed "Usenet Abuse FAQ", one of which says .......
>
> | Q:: Will we terminate an account for posting off topic?
> |
> | A:: No.
> |
> | Tell me David - why did you bother to waste time posting a response
> | which was totally unnecessary and decidedly unhelpful?

Because he's an old **** past his prime with nothing left but bitch'n.
Courtesy no longer exists in America. So, why should this creep, who
thinks himself one of the elite, be any different.

ŠAriŽ

On Wed, 20 May 2009 17:02:02 +0200, Anonymous Remailer wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>
> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
>>
>> From: "~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>>| I note that you have a single 'Reference' in *your* header which,
>>| curiously, is the same as one of those in the one I posted here earlier,
>> viz:: eternal-september.org
>>
>>| On this URL: http://eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=abuse
>>| is listed "Usenet Abuse FAQ", one of which says .......
>>
>>| Q:: Will we terminate an account for posting off topic?
>>|
>>| A:: No.
>>|
>>| Tell me David - why did you bother to waste time posting a response
>>| which was totally unnecessary and decidedly unhelpful?
>>

> Because he's an old **** past his prime with nothing left but bitch'n.
> Courtesy no longer exists in America. So, why should this creep, who
> thinks himself one of the elite, be any different.

He ain't
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj