Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Which are the free microsoft e-mails of today?

Reply
Thread Tools

Which are the free microsoft e-mails of today?

 
 
ng_reader
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-19-2009
I know of 3 common Microsoft email domains:

Hotmail.com
MSN.com
Live.com

Which is the current flavor of the day, and, if anyone knows the roadmap and
could provide, would be appreciated....

Cheers


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mike Easter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-19-2009
ng_reader wrote:
> I know of 3 common Microsoft email domains:


.... where a common MS email domain means ? what to you?

Snippages from various entries in the wiki follow:

Windows Live Hotmail, formerly known as MSN Hotmail and commonly referred to
simply as Hotmail, is a free web-based email service operated by Microsoft
as part of its Windows Live group.

MSN (The Microsoft Network) is a collection of Internet services provided by
Microsoft.

Many of MSN's services were reorganized in 2006 under a new brand name,
Windows Live.

Windows Live is the collective brand name for a set of services and software
products from Microsoft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Live

Windows Live Hotmail - mail.live.com & hotmail.live.com
Free webmail service using AJAX technology featuring email, contacts and
calendar services

> Hotmail.com
> MSN.com
> Live.com
>
> Which is the current flavor of the day, and, if anyone knows the
> roadmap and could provide, would be appreciated....


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...mail_providers Comparison of
webmail providers - < Compare Windows Live Hotmail to 32 others including
Gmail, Yahoo, etc >




--
Mike Easter

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
chuckcar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-19-2009
"ng_reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:gusug6$o0b$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> I know of 3 common Microsoft email domains:
>
> Hotmail.com
> MSN.com
> Live.com
>
> Which is the current flavor of the day, and, if anyone knows the roadmap
> and could provide, would be appreciated....
>

They're all the same thing. At least for non-paying users. Hotmail is now
called windows live mail. MSN provides internet services like (shudder)
AOL.


--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
 
Reply With Quote
 
ng_reader
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-19-2009

"chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9C1037E007671chucknilcar@127.0.0.1...
> "ng_reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:gusug6$o0b$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:
>
>> I know of 3 common Microsoft email domains:
>>
>> Hotmail.com
>> MSN.com
>> Live.com
>>
>> Which is the current flavor of the day, and, if anyone knows the roadmap
>> and could provide, would be appreciated....
>>

> They're all the same thing. At least for non-paying users. Hotmail is now
> called windows live mail. MSN provides internet services like (shudder)
> AOL.
>
>
> --
> (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )




Working from my virtual office I sometimes, on my "non" work computer, visit
msn.games or pogo.com for relaxation. I'd like to visit zone.msn games under
an alias from my hotmail account (which is running messenger, which is
running OE) but I don't know if I can.

Yes, I signed up for Hotmail in the short one year period span before they
were acquired by Microsoft for $400 million.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSE 4 11-15-2006 02:40 AM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola Microsoft Certification 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd realexxams@yahoo.com Microsoft Certification 0 05-10-2006 02:35 PM
microsoft.public.dotnet.faqs,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms,microsoft.public.dotnet.general,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb Charles A. Lackman ASP .Net 1 12-08-2004 07:08 PM



Advertisments