Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > domain profile expires

domain profile expires

Dawn

Our laptops are setup with a wireless certificate using WPA and TKIP. The
laptop does an autologon that is created while connected to the wired
network. Occassionally after a reboot the device will not autologon and there
is an error that the domain could not be contacted. At that point we have to
connect to the wired network, logon, reboot and it will autologon again.
Does a local cached domain user profile expire? Can the expiration be
disabled?

John Wunderlich

=?Utf-8?B?RGF3bg==?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Our laptops are setup with a wireless certificate using WPA and
> TKIP. The laptop does an autologon that is created while connected
> to the wired network. Occassionally after a reboot the device will
> not autologon and there is an error that the domain could not be
> contacted. At that point we have to connect to the wired network,
> logon, reboot and it will autologon again. Does a local cached
> domain user profile expire? Can the expiration be disabled?

See if any of these articles help:

"Cached domain logon information"
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172931>

"You cannot log on to a computer that is using cached credentials
after you change your password by using a domain controller"
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818088>

HTH,
John