Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Dlink Vonage VTU 1 in Currys can it be unlocked

Dlink Vonage VTU 1 in Currys can it be unlocked

hammond

I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
unlocked are they worth buying ?

R. Giskard Reventlov

"hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
unlocked are they worth buying ?

Yes and Yes

I unlocked one I got from PC world for 75p and use it with VoipDiscount and
VoipTalk

Steve Hammond

On 18 May, 19:17, "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote:
> "hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
> unlocked are they worth buying ?
>
> Yes and Yes
>
> I unlocked one I got from PC world for 75p and use it with VoipDiscount and
> VoipTalk

cool how do you unlock them ?

Chris Davies

hammond <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I saw these in Currys for £1 and wondered whether they could be
> unlocked are they worth buying ?

Saw one of what, please? I've even looked up the Message Id you've cited
and google groups returns "nothing matches".

Cheers,
Chris

T i m

On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:36:30 +0100, Chris Davies
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>hammond <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
>> unlocked are they worth buying ?

>Saw one of what, please? I've even looked up the Message Id you've cited
>and google groups returns "nothing matches".

Is it a 'Dlink Vonage VTU' ?

T i m

Geo

On Tue, 19 May 2009 14:11:49 +0100, Me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have just been to both PC World and Curry's and neither have them in
>stock (Watford) - and both say that they won't be getting any.
>
>Any idea where I can get one?

google says you can get them "free" here:-
http://www.vonage.co.uk/equipment/DLink-VTARB.php

--
Geo

Steve Terry

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 19 May 2009 10:36:45 +0100, T i m <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:36:30 +0100, Chris Davies
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Saw one of what, please? I've even looked up the Message Id you've cited
>>>and google groups returns "nothing matches".
>>>

>>Is it a 'Dlink Vonage VTU' ?
>>T i m

> I have just been to both PC World and Curry's and neither have them in
> stock (Watford) - and both say that they won't be getting any.
> Any idea where I can get one?
> Thanks

DSG Stores like Currys / PC world have a stock computer that will tell you
the nearest stores with stock, just ask the shop staff to look it up

Anyone know the stock number??

Steve Terry

R. Giskard Reventlov

"Steve Hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On 18 May, 19:17, "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote:
> "hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
> unlocked are they worth buying ?
>
> Yes and Yes
>
> I unlocked one I got from PC world for 75p and use it with VoipDiscount
> and
> VoipTalk

cool how do you unlock them ?

Google is your friend - it is all out there - you have to flash it to cooked
firmware

Start here

http://www.unlockvta.com/?p=1245

R. Giskard Reventlov

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 19 May 2009 10:36:45 +0100, T i m <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:36:30 +0100, Chris Davies
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Saw one of what, please? I've even looked up the Message Id you've cited
>>>and google groups returns "nothing matches".
>>>

>>Is it a 'Dlink Vonage VTU' ?
>>
>>T i m

> I have just been to both PC World and Curry's and neither have them in
> stock (Watford) - and both say that they won't be getting any.
>
> Any idea where I can get one?
>
> Thanks

I think they have been discontinued - once they are gone they are gone!

Graham.

"R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
news:4a13151a$0$24000$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Steve Hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 18 May, 19:17, "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote:
>> "hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
>> unlocked are they worth buying ?
>>
>> Yes and Yes
>>
>> I unlocked one I got from PC world for 75p and use it with VoipDiscount
>> and
>> VoipTalk

> cool how do you unlock them ?
>
> Google is your friend - it is all out there - you have to flash it to
> cooked firmware
>
> Start here
>
> http://www.unlockvta.com/?p=1245

It would seem that on this occasion, Google's cache may be a better friend.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%