Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Debugging ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual Studio 2008's Device Emulators

Debugging ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual Studio 2008's Device Emulators

Nathan Sokalski

I am somewhat new to using Visual Studio's Device Emulators, and am trying
to figure out how to use them to debug ASP.NET pages. I am able to use the
Device Emulators to visit websites and do other things, but I have not yet
managed to figure out how to debug my web applications with them. Can
someone please help me here? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Alexey Smirnov

On May 18, 7:54*am, "Nathan Sokalski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am somewhat new to using Visual Studio's Device Emulators, and am trying
> to figure out how to use them to debug ASP.NET pages. I am able to use the
> Device Emulators to visit websites and do other things, but I have not yet
> managed to figure out how to debug my web applications with them. Can
> someone please help me here? Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> (E-Mail Removed)://www.nathansokalski.com/

Take a look at the following section http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms180772.aspx
and especially at How to: Attach to Managed Device Processes

Also please see this http://forums.asp.net/p/1415036/3119676.aspx

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Start the emulator and then attach the process to the debugger. Then you can
start hitting the code and debugging.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA