Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Printing small photos

Printing small photos

Bill Wittmer

I am working on a project for the family and would like to print out small
photos ranging from 1"x1", 1"x2", 2"x3", etc. Can anyone recommend good
software, free or pay, which will allow me to print out phots in various
sizes with little trouble.

Regards,
Bill

nospam

In article <O_4Ql.2017$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bill Wittmer
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am working on a project for the family and would like to print out small
> photos ranging from 1"x1", 1"x2", 2"x3", etc. Can anyone recommend good
> software, free or pay, which will allow me to print out phots in various
> sizes with little trouble.

lightroom. here's the print module:
<http://www.photoshopuser.com/images/lightroom2/feat12.jpg>

other features:
<http://www.photoshopuser.com/lightroom2/features.html>

tony cooper

On Mon, 18 May 2009 03:55:26 GMT, "Bill Wittmer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am working on a project for the family and would like to print out small
>photos ranging from 1"x1", 1"x2", 2"x3", etc. Can anyone recommend good
>software, free or pay, which will allow me to print out phots in various
>sizes with little trouble.

Any program that resizes or crops to a specific dimension will produce
photos of any size. Irfanview, for example. (Google it, and download
for free)

Your problem will be the printer. Most printers will not print photos
of that small size. You will have to print multiple images on larger
paper and cut to the individual size. For example, set four 2" x 3"
photos on a 4" x 6" format, print that, and cut apart.

You'll need software that will allow you place multiple images in one
image file. Gimp (free) would do it, or Adobe Elements (purchase)
would do it. If it's a one-time project, you can download a 30 day
free trial version Adobe Elements. There's going to be a learning
curve with either program.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Ray Fischer

Bill Wittmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I am working on a project for the family and would like to print out small
>photos ranging from 1"x1", 1"x2", 2"x3", etc. Can anyone recommend good
>software, free or pay, which will allow me to print out phots in various
>sizes with little trouble.

Usually you need hardware, and printers in particular, in order to
print out photos.

--
Ray Fischer

David J Taylor

Bill Wittmer wrote:
> I am working on a project for the family and would like to print out
> small photos ranging from 1"x1", 1"x2", 2"x3", etc. Can anyone
> recommend good software, free or pay, which will allow me to print
> out phots in various sizes with little trouble.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

Print Station or PIE Studio:

http://www.picmeta.com/products/printstation.htm
http://www.picmeta.com/products/pie-studio.htm

David

Chris Malcolm

Bill Wittmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am working on a project for the family and would like to print out small
> photos ranging from 1"x1", 1"x2", 2"x3", etc. Can anyone recommend good
> software, free or pay, which will allow me to print out phots in various
> sizes with little trouble.

First place you should look is the disk of software that came with the
camera.

--
Chris Malcolm

me@mine.net

On Mon, 18 May 2009 03:55:26 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Bill Wittmer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am working on a project for the family and would like to print out small
>photos ranging from 1"x1", 1"x2", 2"x3", etc. Can anyone recommend good
>software, free or pay, which will allow me to print out phots in various
>sizes with little trouble.

Qimage, http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

ray

On Mon, 18 May 2009 03:55:26 +0000, Bill Wittmer wrote:

> I am working on a project for the family and would like to print out
> small photos ranging from 1"x1", 1"x2", 2"x3", etc. Can anyone
> recommend good software, free or pay, which will allow me to print out
> phots in various sizes with little trouble.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

You can easily insert them into a word processing document, size them how
you want and print as many as will fit on the page.

Bill Wittmer

"Bill Wittmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O_4Ql.2017$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am working on a project for the family and would like to print out small
>photos ranging from 1"x1", 1"x2", 2"x3", etc. Can anyone recommend good
>software, free or pay, which will allow me to print out phots in various
>sizes with little trouble.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

Thanks for all the suggestions. Its much appreciated,

Bill

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Ο "Bill Wittmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> έγραψε στο μήνυμα
news:O_4Ql.2017$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am working on a project for the family and would like to print out small
>photos ranging from 1"x1", 1"x2", 2"x3", etc. Can anyone recommend good
>software, free or pay, which will allow me to print out phots in various
>sizes with little trouble.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

My Canon Pixma iP4300 photo printer has software that allows you to print
photos in small sizes, too. So, if you haven't already got a printer,
consider getting this one (current model is iP4500, I think).

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering