Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Name-Shifting ?

Re: Name-Shifting ?

Mike Easter

Lou Knee wrote:
> Judith Smith wrote:
>
>> Go on then - make a post to 24hoursupport.helpdesk from IP address :
>> 80.254.146.36

> O,k here's a post from 80.254.146.36
>
> Now will you let it go?

http://news.eternal-september.org/ the user's IP address is not visible
to third parties.

I think eternal is closely related to motzarella.

--
Mike Easter

Lou Knee

Mike Easter wrote:

> Lou Knee wrote:
>> Judith Smith wrote:
>>> Go on then - make a post to 24hoursupport.helpdesk from IP address :
>>> 80.254.146.36

>> O,k here's a post from 80.254.146.36
>>
>> Now will you let it go?

> http://news.eternal-september.org/ the user's IP address is not visible
> to third parties.

Are you trying to spoil the fun?

OG

"Lou Knee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:guv1m6$7g0$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Mike Easter wrote:
>
>> Lou Knee wrote:
>>>
>>> O,k here's a post from 80.254.146.36
>>>
>>> Now will you let it go?

>> http://news.eternal-september.org/ the user's IP address is not visible
>> to third parties.

> Are you trying to spoil the fun?

I think Guy having already posted today from IP 80.254.146.36 spoiled /that/
fun - particularly since she has already replied to that post.

Of course, when I said 'spoiled' I may have meant 'enhanced'

Phil W Lee

"OG" <(E-Mail Removed)> considered Tue, 19 May 2009 10:09:09
+0100 the perfect time to write:

>"Judith Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On 18 May 2009 21:52:33 +0100 (BST), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Alan
>> Braggins) wrote:

>>>We've got personal experience of her. Either she's not that smart, or
>>>she's smart enough to consistent to consistently fake not being that
>>>smart when using the judith persona or the more obvious socks.

>> Ignore the very low probabilities which have been pointed out
>> elsewhere of it being different people and just explain how the posts
>> were made by different people from the same IP address.
>>
>> No-one has done that yet.
>>

>I thought people had explained that.
>
>As I understand it, Scansafe is a commercial company that processes all
>internet traffic for its clients. It takes inbound and outbound network
>traffic and checks it for malware before releasing it inbound into the
>clients network or outbound onto the internet through its own servers.
>http://www.scansafe.com/managed_serv...lware_scanning
>
>Anyone whose company uses Scansafe for malware protection will have internet
>traffic appearing to come from the Scansafe IP addresses.
>
>One of the early posts confirmed that the IP address is registered to
>Scansafe.
>
>Scansafe has quite a few customers including those mentioned here
>http://www.scansafe.com/resources/customer_case_studies

You forget that since the J troll isn't capable of understanding it,
it doesn't count, at least in what it likes to describe as it's mind.

Just zis Guy, you know?

On May 19, 9:34*pm, Tom Crispin
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What may be a mystery to you and others may be known to others and me,
> and that others and I may be having a good belly laugh at your and
> others' expense.

I am also now in on the joke. This could last a while

--
Guy