Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Clamwin anyone?

Re: Clamwin anyone?

philo

"Alexander Farquad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>I have this most annoying bot or virus that appears as a white rectangle
> about 3 x 5 with a CLOSE button at the base.
> I've scanned with Avast and with Clamwin. I've used SPYBOT S&D ten times.
> I've used WIN ASO Registry Cleaner 10 times. I can't get rid of the
> miserable pest even if I scan with system retore enabled and disabled.
> When
> the pest appears, it will either cripple Outlook Express mail, my Internet
> connection or both. Then I have to reboot. Here is last night's over 2
> hour
> Clamwin results. I am confused by it; do not know what to do with the
> infected files etc. I could use some assistance. Please, if you're just a
> wise guy troll hanging around here to hurl insults and not to assist,
> leave
> me alone. I'd appreciate only serious and earnest replies. Okay? Thank you
> all.
>

> Scan Started Sat May 16 19:30:39 2009

> ---
>
> c:\WINDOWS\WIN386.SWP: Permission denied
>
> c:\My Documents\ebay puchases\eBay New Unpaid Item Message from
> 1258nicholas_ #8758137968 -- response required.eml:
> HTML.Phishing.Auction-293 FOUND

Don't worry about the swap file, it's normal for there to be no access to
that.

the infected files...any not deleted by your virus checker...
see if you can just manulally delete them.

you may have to boot to safe mode to do so

Spyware Terminator + Clamwin. ian field Computer Support 0 03-03-2009 09:22 PM
BartPE and ClamWin Antivirus Victek A+ Certification 1 10-20-2007 03:45 PM
Is my ClamWin AV working? JP Windows 64bit 6 06-04-2006 07:08 PM
Clamwin Sue Doo Nym Computer Security 8 02-28-2005 02:02 PM
Clamwin V AVG/Avast/AntiVir etc Sue Doo Nym Computer Security 8 01-17-2005 06:54 PM

Advertisments