Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Microsoft Excel Histograms (what version required) Help please

Re: Microsoft Excel Histograms (what version required) Help please

impossible

"Corky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> My son who is doing economics at university has to be able to do
> histograms in Microsoft Excel as part of his assignments. I have
> Office 2000 which doesn't have the feature.
> I am quite happy to buy my son Microsoft Office if I know what version
> has the Histogram feature.
> Does anyone know if MS Office and Student 2007 would be OK
> http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4a0f92...ct/View/XS0863
>
> Would have been nice to get a version with the latest Outlook also but
> I see the version above does not include Outlook.
>
> Any help appreciated.

Excel 2000 does histograms as well as any of the later versions. But you'll
need to check that you have the "Data Analysis" addin installed.

Go Tools | Addins, then check "Analysis Toolpak" and Analysis ToolPak VBA".

The Analysis ToolPak isn't installed by default, so if you didn't select
this as an installation option, you'll need to have the Office 2000 install
CD available.

Once you have the ToolPak addin installed, go Tools | Data Analysis |
Histogram