Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Microsoft Report Viewer

Microsoft Report Viewer

eBob.com

Sorry if I am asking in the wrong group, I am not (yet) a web programmer. I
have learned recently about the Microsoft Report Viewer. My searches have
turned up some technical info but no overview information. Can anyone here
point me to some basic overview info? I am interested in the answers to
questions such as 1) is this a way to make a table available via web
browsers?, 2) can the end user sort on columns?, 3) can the end user resize
columns?, 4) can the end user change the order of the columns (preferably
via drag and drop)?.

Thanks, Bob

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

"eBob.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry if I am asking in the wrong group, I am not (yet) a web programmer.
> I have learned recently about the Microsoft Report Viewer. My searches
> have turned up some technical info but no overview information. Can
> anyone here point me to some basic overview info? I am interested in the
> answers to questions such as 1) is this a way to make a table available
> via web browsers?

There are both winforms and web versions of the report viewer control, so if
you make the table a "report" then you can "make the table available via web

Example: http://www.gotreportviewer.com/InteractiveSort.zip

>3) can the end user resize columns?

It's been awhile since I played with it, but I believe so.

>4) can the end user change the order of the columns (preferably via drag
>and drop)?.

This is not a native feature.

if you want all of the features above, I would consider a third party grid
control.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA