Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web service on Windows 2008 Server/IIS 7.0: error pages instead of SOAP fault exceptions?

Web service on Windows 2008 Server/IIS 7.0: error pages instead of SOAP fault exceptions?

sqlman

I have a working ASP.NET 1.1 web service, which I had no problems with
on Windows 2003 server.

Recently, I moved the web service to a Windows 2008 Server box (IIS
7.0), configured it to run in a NET 1.1 classic application pool. The
web service runs fine, however there is one major difference: any
exception raised by the web service causes the IIS to return a HTTP
500 Internal Server error page, instead of a SOAP fault. As the
result, the clients cannot handle exceptions anymore.

I suspect this behavior is controlled via configuration somehow, but I
am not sure where to look. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Soapy Soapy is offline
Junior Member

Did you ever manage to stop IIS7 from suppressing the SOAP fault?
I've got exactly the same problem, so would appreciate some help.

me2 me2 is offline
Junior Member

Me too.
I also have this problem