Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Exam 70-291

Exam 70-291

Časlav Šunjka

Hi,

I'm planning to take 70-291 exam soon, is there any advice for
additional readings, what to use and stuff like that. Thx

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"Časlav Ĺ*unjka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) cal...
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to take 70-291 exam soon, is there any advice for
> additional readings, what to use and stuff like that. Thx

For the 70-291.. in addition to the standard MCSA/MCSE training products,
I'd suggest investing some time in the network infrastructure sections of
the Windows Deployment documentation and the Server Resource kits.

You need to know DHCP, DNS, RRAS, and IP Addressing/Subnetting inside and
outside and be able to describe and troubleshoot them in your sleep.

Additional resources on the fundamentals of IP Addressing/Subnetting, DHCP,
and DNS might also be useful, but be careful not to confuse the "Microsoft
way" for those products with the twenty years of BOOTP/DHCP/DNS history that
precedes Microsoft's implementation in 2000. Remember, you're testing on
Microsoft DHCP and Microsoft DNS.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Časlav Šunjka

Thanks for your reply, I'll be free to ask more questions if there where
any.

Mailer: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000