Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Plastic-encased Block on Laptop Power Adapter Lead

Plastic-encased Block on Laptop Power Adapter Lead

Diogenes

What's its' purpose, folks?
And how safe is it to use the power adapter if I have to lose it, (the
sealed block), I mean?

tia

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <860daf62-a604-4f7b-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>, Diogenes wrote:

> What's its' purpose, folks?

RF filter?

Party Animal

Diogenes wrote:
> What's its' purpose, folks?
> And how safe is it to use the power adapter if I have to lose it, (the
> sealed block), I mean?
>
> tia

Its quite safe to use.
Its a ferrite inductor block to reduce radio frequency interference.
Not really necessary.

Richard

Diogenes wrote:
> What's its' purpose, folks?
> And how safe is it to use the power adapter if I have to lose it, (the
> sealed block), I mean?
>
> tia

Ferite RF supressor - if the adapter isnt compliant with RF emissions
then a thing on the cable can remove just enough to make it comply, and
it means they can only spend the money on it when shipping to a country
that cares.

IMO it shouldnt be allowable since noone I know could tell you what
cable came with what appliance.

Just use it without - noone will care other then some beurocrats
somewhere, and with the amount of totally non compliant crap sold the
slightly higher RF noise from the power supply will go unnoticed.