Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Network Connection Icon says...

Wireless Network Connection Icon says...

Muddle

at startup that windows is connected and the connection is excellent.
However there is no net access until I right click and select repair at
which point IP config seems to be just releasing and renewing the IP
address.
The laptop had three utilities fighting over the wireless connectoid and I
disabled all but Windows.
What could be causing this?
Thanks in advance.

Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)

Is this multihomed computer? Posting the result of ipconfig /all here may
help.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Muddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eA%(E-Mail Removed)...
> at startup that windows is connected and the connection is excellent.
> However there is no net access until I right click and select repair at
> which point IP config seems to be just releasing and renewing the IP
> address.
> The laptop had three utilities fighting over the wireless connectoid and I
> disabled all but Windows.
> What could be causing this?
> Thanks in advance.

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Try to get rid of the extra managers. In some of them Disabling does not
take them out of the system.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)