Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > request in namespace

request in namespace

martin

Hi,

I have created a namespace and a class as an additional project. I have made
a referenece to my new namespace inside my web project and am happily using
my new namespace. However I have one small problem.

I wish to create a method inside my namespace to return the URL of the root
of the site. To do this I need to use the methods

request.servervarianle("SERVER_NAME ") and request.applicationpath()

however these two functions are not availible from my namespace, even though
I have imported seystem.web

Please could somebody explain how I access the "request method " from a
class, what namespace must I import, it lokks to me like this functionality
is not allowed in a class..

I am tryng to get the url to the root of my site

for example

http://www.mysite.com/ ---- if a website

http://www.mysite.com/virtualroot/ -- if a virtual directory

http://servername/ -- if a website on my local server