Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: I need help with downloading comics using Unison for Mac OSX

Re: I need help with downloading comics using Unison for Mac OSX

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Brian Nickell wrote:

> From: Brian Nickell <(E-Mail Removed)>

You seem to be posting via a RoadRunner cable connection, using what
might be a Chinese NNTP news server. Is this true?

> I've been trying to figure out how to download files using Unison for
> Mac OSX with no luck. I've asked folks repeatedly on
> alt.binaries.comics.dcp and no one seems to want to help me. Now that
> I've found the help desk

This is an international Usenet newsgroup. It's not really a "help
desk."

> I'm hoping someone is kind enough to help me. I need a complete crash
> course in how to do this. I'm able to post messages and retrieve
> messages but that's about it. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

I don't use a Mac, but I found: http://www.panic.com/unison/index.html
which states that you have to "buy to unlock" ... did you purchase it?
"Features limited after 15 day trial."

> If you don't mind (those of you who are kind enough to help) please
> email the how to directly to my email. In case it doesn't show the
> address is (E-Mail Removed)

Ask in Usenet; get answer in Usenet. It is impolite to ask people to
email you. Spam harvesters do that.

--
-bts

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Rgr wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Ask in Usenet; get answer in Usenet. It is impolite to ask people to
>> email you. Spam harvesters do that.

> Email me, I've got the stuff.

Hmmm? Why would I do that? I'm not interested in comics binaries.

--
-bts