Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Access Denied

Access Denied

Clayton

I don't know what I did but after I installed Windows 7 RC build 7100, I can
not access my folders on the other drive which I store other data on, I have
pulled the drive out and put into another pc running XP and replaced owner
on subcontainers and objects seems I can now access the folders but when I
try to transfer them off it does some files and says can not copy access is
denied make sure the disk is not full or write protected.

really need some help here please

Carlos

Clayton,
I also had that issue.
Please put the drive back in your Win 7 PC and try to regain ownership on
those folders from within Win 7.
It make take some time, but you'll make it.
First of all, take ownership and then accept as many times as necessary
until you close all the properties windows.
Then right click again on the folder and add yourself as a user and give
yourself full rights.
Usually works.
Sometimes I have had to add "users" to the list in order to get the job done.
Carlos

"Clayton" wrote:

> I don't know what I did but after I installed Windows 7 RC build 7100, I can
> not access my folders on the other drive which I store other data on, I have
> pulled the drive out and put into another pc running XP and replaced owner
> on subcontainers and objects seems I can now access the folders but when I
> try to transfer them off it does some files and says can not copy access is
> denied make sure the disk is not full or write protected.
>
> really need some help here please

JGundrey

Does this article pertain to your problem?:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=1003

"Clayton" wrote:

> I don't know what I did but after I installed Windows 7 RC build 7100, I can
> not access my folders on the other drive which I store other data on, I have
> pulled the drive out and put into another pc running XP and replaced owner
> on subcontainers and objects seems I can now access the folders but when I
> try to transfer them off it does some files and says can not copy access is
> denied make sure the disk is not full or write protected.
>
> really need some help here please

Clayton

No, that refers to 32-bit, I ended up getting it working by adding
Authenticated User, transferred everything off the drive and formatted it,
don't know why it happened, only that I was playing around in the Homegroup

news(E-Mail Removed)...