Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Applicability of exams introduced since Certified Partner competencyrequirements set

Reply
Thread Tools

Applicability of exams introduced since Certified Partner competencyrequirements set

 
 
Ion Freeman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2009
Hi!
Here's my trouble. We'd like to become Gold Certified Partners, so
some of us have to take exams. The Data Management Competency
requirements page* was updated on December 4th; it lists a mix of SQL
Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 exams. We'd like the exams we take to
expire as late as possible, so we'd prefer to take 2008 exams. 70-441,
"Designing Database Solutions by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005" was
updated by 70-451, " Designing Database Solutions and Data Access
Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008" in November, according to its
descriptive page, but that page itself** was updated in February.
When do y'all think the competency requirement will be updated to
include the new exam? What would I have to do to have it matter?
Thanks!
Ion


* -- https://partner.microsoft.com/global...dmrequirements
** -- http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-451.mspx
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lawrence Garvin [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2009
"Ion Freeman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
> Here's my trouble. We'd like to become Gold Certified Partners, so
> some of us have to take exams. The Data Management Competency
> requirements page* was updated on December 4th; it lists a mix of SQL
> Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 exams. We'd like the exams we take to
> expire as late as possible, so we'd prefer to take 2008 exams. 70-441,
> "Designing Database Solutions by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005" was
> updated by 70-451, " Designing Database Solutions and Data Access
> Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008" in November, according to its
> descriptive page, but that page itself** was updated in February.
> When do y'all think the competency requirement will be updated to
> include the new exam?


This is a question for the Microsoft Partner Program, and is nothing that
can be answered here.

You should contact the MPP via the Partner site for information.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA
Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)

MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ion Freeman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2009
Thanks, Lawrence. I have, and they're working on an answer. I was
hoping someone outside the organization had a useful perspective to
share.

On May 13, 1:13*pm, "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> "Ion Freeman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Hi!
> > * Here's my trouble. We'd like to become Gold Certified Partners, so
> > some of us have to take exams. The Data Management Competency
> > requirements page* was updated on December 4th; it lists a mix of SQL
> > Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 exams. We'd like the exams we take to
> > expire as late as possible, so we'd prefer to take 2008 exams. 70-441,
> > "Designing Database Solutions by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005" was
> > updated by 70-451, " Designing Database Solutions and Data Access
> > Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008" in November, according to its
> > descriptive page, but that page itself** was updated in February.
> > * When do y'all think the competency requirement will be updated to
> > include the new exam?

>
> This is a question for the Microsoft Partner Program, and is nothing that
> can be answered here.
>
> You should contact the MPP via the Partner site for information.
>
> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA
> Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)
>
> MS WSUS Website:http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
> My Websites:http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;htt...hsolutions.com
> My MVP Profile:http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cerified Partner vs. Partner Program =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaF9NZWRpTm90ZXM=?= Microsoft Certification 4 09-28-2005 02:31 PM
Connecting ID to a Microsoft Certified Partner Michel Vaillant Microsoft Certification 2 07-21-2005 07:51 PM
Microsoft Certified Partner Robert Strickland Microsoft Certification 2 06-28-2005 08:33 AM
How do I check if my old company is (mis)using my MCP ID# for 'certified partner status' Nic Microsoft Certification 2 09-19-2003 02:08 PM
How do I check if my old company is (mis)using my MCP ID# for 'certified partner status' Nic MCSE 5 07-18-2003 03:57 PM



Advertisments