Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] New Mandate: Filters!

Re: [SI] New Mandate: Filters!

Dudley Hanks

"Bowser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4a09f5f0$0$4919$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Courtesy of Prince Annika of Bug Tussel, the new mandate is Filters. Shoot
> a picture with a traditional filter for effect, or apply filter effects in
> your favorite editing program. Any subject matter is OK, but for God's
> sakes, try to avoid submitting a photo and saying that you used the
> "sharpening" filter, or something else that does not really add to the
> image.
>
> Fire at will. This mandate is due by June 7th, 2009.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/filters
>
> PS: I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to shoot using a traditional
> filter. Trouble is, aside from the polarizer, I can't remember where I put
> the damned things.

If a guy uses a UV filter, just about anything goes ...

Take Care,
Dudley

Dudley Hanks

"Troy Piggins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>* Bowser wrote :
>>
>> "Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> [---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 15 lines snipped |=---]
>>>

>>> If a guy uses a UV filter, just about anything goes ...

>> Sigh...

> Sounds like you need to use a coffee filter
>
> --
> Troy Piggins

I was thinking about using a soft focus filter, but nobody'll be able to
tell it from my usual ...

Take Care,
Dudley

Paul Furman

Bertram Paul wrote:
> "Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsenOl.26630$Db2.15214@edtnps83...
>> "Troy Piggins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Sounds like you need to use a coffee filter
>>>
>>> --
>>> Troy Piggins

>> I was thinking about using a soft focus filter, but nobody'll be able to
>> tell it from my usual ...
>>
>> Take Care,
>> Dudley

> I'll make one with a fuel filter, one with an oil filter and one with an air
> filter.
> After that one with a water filter and another with a spam filter.
> Of course I'll be smoking a sigarette with a cigarette filter while shooting

Open season for filter puns!

Billy

> On Thu, 14 May 2009 18:28:32 -0400, "Bowser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Maybe I should change the mandate to filter punography?

> Cool. I'll submit a photo of my lunch - gefilter fish.
>
> Cheers,
> DuncanC

Thats exciting

Bob Larter

Troy Piggins wrote:
> * Dudley Hanks wrote :
>> "Troy Piggins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> [---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 12 lines snipped |=---]
>>> Sounds like you need to use a coffee filter

>> I was thinking about using a soft focus filter, but nobody'll be able to
>> tell it from my usual ...

> My shots are usually taken through a bad-composition,
> uninteresting shot filter...

Oh, I've got one of those too. I try to leave it in the cupboard as much
as possible though. ;^)