Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Camnot connect to wireless network!

Camnot connect to wireless network!

YancyD

Built a new computer with Gigabyte wireless board, Air Cruiser G PCI
GN-WP01GS. It recognizes my network which ulitizes a Linksys router,
WRT54GX2 but just spins at "aquiring network address". I would be
appreciative for any instructions or suggestions.

David B.

Not enough info. What default settings on the router have been modified?
What type of encryption are you using? DHCP turned on? Using MAC filtering?

"YancyD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Built a new computer with Gigabyte wireless board, Air Cruiser G PCI
> GN-WP01GS. It recognizes my network which ulitizes a Linksys router,
> WRT54GX2 but just spins at "aquiring network address". I would be
> appreciative for any instructions or suggestions.

John

need more info:
operating systems? Service Pack level?

"David B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not enough info. What default settings on the router have been modified?
> What type of encryption are you using? DHCP turned on? Using MAC
> filtering?

> "YancyD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Built a new computer with Gigabyte wireless board, Air Cruiser G PCI
>> GN-WP01GS. It recognizes my network which ulitizes a Linksys router,
>> WRT54GX2 but just spins at "aquiring network address". I would be
>> appreciative for any instructions or suggestions.

David B.

That would help too

"John" <a> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> need more info:
> operating systems? Service Pack level?
>
> "David B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Not enough info. What default settings on the router have been modified?
>> What type of encryption are you using? DHCP turned on? Using MAC
>> filtering?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>

>> "YancyD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Built a new computer with Gigabyte wireless board, Air Cruiser G PCI
>>> GN-WP01GS. It recognizes my network which ulitizes a Linksys router,
>>> WRT54GX2 but just spins at "aquiring network address". I would be
>>> appreciative for any instructions or suggestions.

Jack-MVP

Hi
Start first with open system (i.e. disable the wireless security in the
Router).
Once you establish a connection set the security in the Router and the
computer.
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)