Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > how to consume .NET webservice

how to consume .NET webservice

bav

question from a python newbie;

how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
a string array as parameter in some easy steps?

best regards

Mike Driscoll

On May 11, 3:09*pm, "bav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> question from a python newbie;
>
> * how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
> * a string array as parameter in some easy steps?
>
> best regards

You're being pretty vague here. Try using Google first...I got plenty
of hits with "python .net web service". This one sounds good:

http://www.beardygeek.com/2009/01/ho...-using-python/

It sounds like you consume it much like you do with other web
services...find the API and use Python to access it or create a parser
of some sort.

Mike

Diez B. Roggisch

namekuseijin schrieb:
> bav escreveu:
>> question from a python newbie;
>>
>> how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
>> a string array as parameter in some easy steps?

> Unless Microsoft extended the standard in any way, then it should be
> just as you consume any web service, I guess.

Microsoft *created* the standard.. .and how feasible it is to work with
it, see this :

http://72.249.21.88/nonintersecting/...r-simple&page=

Diez

Diez B. Roggisch

namekuseijin schrieb:
> Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
>> namekuseijin schrieb:

>>> Unless Microsoft extended the standard in any way, then it should be
>>> just as you consume any web service, I guess.

>> Microsoft *created* the standard..

> No:

Yes:

http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/...4/04/soap.html

MS created it. That it *became* a standard of the W3C later - well, they
did that with OOXML as well...

Diez

Diez B. Roggisch

bav schrieb:
> question from a python newbie;
>
> how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
> a string array as parameter in some easy steps?

Try accessing the .NET-service using a .NET client, and capture the
traffic (it speaks volumes that the apache axis project offers a
HTTP-proxy for exactly that purposes, tcpmon). Then use an
XML-templating language such as genshi & create the messages yourself.

Sounds awkward and complicated? It is. As I said in another post: the
"S" stands for simple...

Diez

namekuseijin

On May 12, 4:12*am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> namekuseijin schrieb:
> *> Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> *>> namekuseijin schrieb:
> *>>> bav escreveu:
> *>>>> question from a python newbie;
> *>>>>
> *>>>> * how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
> *>>>> * a string array as parameter in some easy steps?
> *>>>
> *>>> Unless Microsoft extended the standard in any way, then it should
> be just as you consume any web service, I guess.
> *>>
> *>> Microsoft *created* the standard..
> *>
> *> No:
>
> Yes:
>
> http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/...4/04/soap.html

You are right, sorry.

> MS created it. That it *became* a standard of the W3C later - well, they
> did that with OOXML as well...

OpenOfficeXML document format AKA ODF?

Mike Driscoll

On May 12, 12:54*pm, namekuseijin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On May 12, 4:12*am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > namekuseijin schrieb:
> > *> Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> > *>> namekuseijin schrieb:
> > *>>> bav escreveu:
> > *>>>> question from a python newbie;
> > *>>>>
> > *>>>> * how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
> > *>>>> * a string array as parameter in some easy steps?
> > *>>>
> > *>>> Unless Microsoft extended the standard in any way, then it should
> > be just as you consume any web service, I guess.
> > *>>
> > *>> Microsoft *created* the standard..
> > *>
> > *> No:

> > Yes:

> >http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/...4/04/soap.html

> You are right, sorry.
>
> > MS created it. That it *became* a standard of the W3C later - well, they
> > did that with OOXML as well...

> OpenOfficeXML document format AKA ODF?

No...Office Open XML, which is used in Microsoft Office 2007 and which
Microsoft rammed through the ISO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Open_XML

- Mike

Дамјан Георгиевски

>> OpenOfficeXML document format AKA ODF?
>
> No...Office Open XML, which is used in Microsoft Office 2007 and which
> Microsoft rammed through the ISO:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Open_XML

Even worse, Microsoft Office 2007 doesn't even implement the ISO
standard for Open XML.

--
дамјан ( http://softver.org.mk/damjan/ )

Our national drug is alcohol,
we tend to regard the use any other drug with special horror.
-- William S. Burroughs

consume local web service -ok consume remote service - Not OK dgleeson422111 ASP .Net Web Services 2 01-31-2010 08:02 PM
Consume .net webservice Peter K Java 3 07-01-2007 06:13 AM
Consume Webservice in java weetat Java 3 04-04-2007 07:04 AM
Consume php webservice in asp.net Paul Hermans ASP .Net 1 06-10-2004 05:40 PM

Advertisments