Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Anti Spy/Virus Programmes

Re: Anti Spy/Virus Programmes

Googler

On May 10, 3:15*pm, "mjk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My Anti-Virus programme has come up for renewal. I have been using Spyware
> Detector and Max Registry Cleaner for the last two years and I am
> considering changing to something else. *In the meantime I have installed
> the free AVG and I have also got Windows Defender. *Are these any good?
> There is the option to buy an AVG susbcription. Why would I want to
> subscribe if the free version does the job? Or does the subscripted version
> give better protection? *I have read various reviews but it is difficult to
> know which are the best programmes. They all sound good but are the reviews
> reliable? * Any recommendation would be appreciated.
> Many thanks.

*****

Tried various combos of the Anti-intrusion products listed and so far,
knock on wood
Free version of MalwareBytes And AVG Free 8.5 are working fine
together
on both XP Home plus Pro systems.

*****