Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Anti Spy/Virus Programmes

Re: Anti Spy/Virus Programmes

Buffalo

mjk wrote:
> My Anti-Virus programme has come up for renewal. I have been using
> Spyware Detector and Max Registry Cleaner for the last two years and
> I am considering changing to something else. In the meantime I have
> installed the free AVG and I have also got Windows Defender. Are
> these any good? There is the option to buy an AVG susbcription. Why
> would I want to subscribe if the free version does the job? Or does
> the subscripted version give better protection? I have read various
> reviews but it is difficult to know which are the best programmes.
> They all sound good but are the reviews reliable? Any
> recommendation would be appreciated.
> Many thanks.

Try the Avira AntiVir (free version).
I don't know about Windows Defender or Spyware Detector as I use the paid
version of SAS (SuperAntiSpyware) in real-time, which works great for me. I
also use the free version of MBAM (MalwareBytes AntiMalware) for manual
scans.