Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ Meetup (virtual or real life)

C++ Meetup (virtual or real life)

GarbageGigo

Hi guys,

I am looking for other people interested in developing applications in
C++ for windows. I am new to STL and I am trying to learn. I am also
trying to learn VC++ but I don't know why it is so hard to understand.
I tried installing the express VC++ edition but it didn't work. Didn't
have the required header files (windows.h), can you believe that?

I am looking for people like me who are interested in C++ and would
like to receive/give help. I am open to meeting in real life or
meeting online to maybe collaborate on projects??

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
GarbageGigo

Noah Roberts

GarbageGigo wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am looking for other people interested in developing applications in
> C++ for windows. I am new to STL and I am trying to learn. I am also
> trying to learn VC++ but I don't know why it is so hard to understand.
> I tried installing the express VC++ edition but it didn't work. Didn't
> have the required header files (windows.h), can you believe that?

You need to install the SDK.

> I am looking for people like me who are interested in C++ and would
> like to receive/give help. I am open to meeting in real life or
> meeting online to maybe collaborate on projects??

Check online for your local C++ user group.

GarbageGigo

On May 11, 11:08*am, Noah Roberts <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> GarbageGigowrote:
> > Hi guys,

> > I am looking for other people interested in developing applications in
> > C++ for windows. I am new to STL and I am trying to learn. I am also
> > trying to learn VC++ but I don't know why it is so hard to understand.
> > I tried installing the express VC++ edition but it didn't work. Didn't
> > have the required header files (windows.h), can you believe that?

> You need to install the SDK.
>

> > I am looking for people like me who are interested in C++ and would
> > like to receive/give help. I am open to meeting in real life or
> > meeting online to maybe collaborate on projects??

> Check online for your local C++ user group.

Thanks for the pointer

GarbageGigo

I searched everywhere for C++ groups in Boston but couldn't find any.

If anyone knows of one please let me know.

Thanks

On May 11, 1:17*pm, GarbageGigo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On May 11, 11:08*am, Noah Roberts <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > GarbageGigowrote:
> > > Hi guys,

> > > I am looking for other people interested in developing applications in
> > > C++ for windows. I am new to STL and I am trying to learn. I am also
> > > trying to learn VC++ but I don't know why it is so hard to understand..
> > > I tried installing the express VC++ edition but it didn't work. Didn't
> > > have the required header files (windows.h), can you believe that?

> > You need to install the SDK.

> > > I am looking for people like me who are interested in C++ and would
> > > like to receive/give help. I am open to meeting in real life or
> > > meeting online to maybe collaborate on projects??

> > Check online for your local C++ user group.

> Thanks for the pointer

Meetup in Amsterdam msj@infoserv.dk Python 0 04-04-2007 08:10 AM
London Java Meetup - 11 July 2006 j6wbs Java 0 07-11-2006 10:19 AM
ANN : Columbus OH Meetup Group Kartic Python 0 04-05-2005 06:32 PM
New Meetup Group Anand Python 0 12-28-2004 12:25 PM
London Java Meetup - Apr 19 (Monday Night!) Jeremy Rayner Java 0 04-14-2004 07:11 PM

Advertisments